Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I assume you already got the pppoe credentials from CenturyLink. I also have CL fiber, this is what my configuration looks like:

centurylink.png

I vaguely recall having to create a new interface (shown in the screenshot) and set it's parent to the port that actually connects to the internet, as opposed to setting it up on that interface directly for some reason.
    Last edited by Angstroli; 08-26-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angstroli View Post
    I assume you already got the pppoe credentials from CenturyLink. I also have CL fiber, this is what my configuration looks like:

centurylink.png

I vaguely recall having to create a new interface (shown in the screenshot) and set it's parent to the port that actually connects to the internet, as opposed to setting it up on that interface directly for some reason.
    Thanks for sharing your setup. I had set up a VLAN interface exactly as yours but it just will not make the PPPoE connection. It will however make the PPPoE connection untagged on the External interface which is something that is not expected. At this point, it connects without the VLAN tagging so I think I'll just live with the speed I get now (even though not as fast as I expect). Speed now is better than I had with Xfinity

Quote Originally Posted by six7one View Post
    Thanks for sharing your setup. I had set up a VLAN interface exactly as yours but it just will not make the PPPoE connection. It will however make the PPPoE connection untagged on the External interface which is something that is not expected. At this point, it connects without the VLAN tagging so I think I'll just live with the speed I get now (even though not as fast as I expect). Speed now is better than I had with Xfinity
    Yea for what it's worth, I basically never get the full gigabit up/down I'm signed up for. It could be because of additional network congestion from more people working at home, who knows. I just did a Speedtest and it's 484 down, 928 up (for some reason the upload is usually better than down).

I don't even care though, it's still faster and cheaper than what's offered by Cox, and the unlimited bandwidth cap is worth it alone considering I have a ton of data I back up to multiple places (Backblaze, Google Drive, and Amazon Glacier).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12