Thread: Slow Speeds

Untanglit

Default Slow Speeds

I have gigabit fiber (1000Mbit/1000Mbit) running through a Qotom 310G4 appliance, running Untangle 15.1.

I was seeing only 300Mbit down and about 300Mbit up so I did a test and plugged a laptop directly into my modem. Immediately saw close to 1000Mbit down and 1000Mbit up when plugged direct to the modem.

So I enabled Bandwidth control with 9500000 / 9500000 QOS setting with the home profile. I'm now trying to download a Linux ISO from HTTP and it's running at 500K/minute. fast.com is reporting 35Mbit and Speedtest.net about the same (maybe 45Mbit down).

Then I disabled Bandwidth Control and QOS. Now download on Speedtest is about the same--45Mbit down. But upload is 900Mbit.

How do I at least make it go back to 300Mbit down?

I have bunch of apps enabled but mostly default kind of settings on everything. I may try ruling out untangle as the cause by switching routers as a test also. So frustrating.

sketch out a bit more of the hardware.

I don't have a lot to offer, other than to tug at your cables. Did you open a fresh patch cable out of factory packaging?
    Look at NGFW interfaces, what does the link Speed and Duplex report?

To appease my point of reference, please try dslreports.com speedtest. (hint: "use http")

Also, what does NGFW download test (#config/network/troubleshooting/download) tell you? I would use the cachefly 50mb test.
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 08-26-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Untanglit

It is a frustrating coincidence due to the timing of me messing with Bandwidth Control, but AT&T had a problem in my area for first time in history of my being a customer with them. So sorry for the false alert!

And thanks, @Jim.Alles !

haha

I have been interacting with my cable provider far too much recently. They provide my 'landline' as well.

I was on a call with my mother-in-law when they pulled the plug due to 'maintenance' in the area.
    do you think she thinks it was a 'coincidence' that I hung up on her?

you are welcome, enjoy!

Untanglit

Lol!