Default Untangle under opnsense extremly slow responses

I am having an issue with a test bed install of Untangle on excessive hardware being extremely slow in that the majority of time a local site times out.

I currently am running pfSense as my firewall, but I want to change to a two firewall configuration of untangle under opnsense, both running under Proxmox on a 24 core (2x Xeon 6 core with hyper threading) 64 GB RAM HP Server. I allocated 6 cores and 8 GB of to both VMs. This machine only has two extremely low usage containers on it (Unifi controller & another system that hover at 1% usage.) I created another VM and loaded Ubuntu 20.04 desktop on it to work from. The controllers of these three systems (opnsense, untangle, Ubuntu) are only connected to each other and I don't want to go live until I know it is working. (see attached network map)

When I connect the testing system to my in-between network (what I will call DMZ) I can access opnsense without any issues. It is fast and responsive. When I connect it to the other side of untangle, it is extremely slow, usually timing out and for the longest time I thought the connection was being block. However occasionally the opnsense login screen will come up, but connection times out when I try to login. I can ping opnsense just fine. The fact that some packets get through and ping works make be believe that my routing at least is setup correctly, and with no issues when connected to DMZ, I am thinking the issue is with Untangle and not opnsense.

Oddly when connected to DMZ network, opnsense shows 10% cpu load. When connected on the other side of untangle and I try to access opnsense, usage goes up to 45%. I am thinking it is constantly trying to resend the packets or something.

My Proxmox settings use all virt-io drivers for both systems, and the rest of the VM settings are default. I will try and post full configs later if needed.

The only app that I have enabled within Untangle is Firewall. Untangles gets up to about 30% cpu and 4GB of ram. I have one allow any to any on the internal interface.

Because I know someone will ask why untangle under opnsense. I live in the country, and I have a 15Mbps Radio connection to the intenet and a 5 Mbps 4G LTE connection. Both of these are unreliable, but combined together with failover and load balancing I get enough. However, sometimes both connections go down to 500kbps or lower (after school). Untangle requires you to enter the speed of your connections, and problems if you enter a rate too fast or too slow. It just doesn't work for my situation. pfsense worked great, in this regard, but does not have rule scheduling that works. OPNsense is based off of pfsense, but I have heard is even better at it, but again poor scheduling. (I need good scheduling because I have a preteen.) Also, I use a /18 because I plan on segmenting a lot of networks out later into several /24 vLANs, but want to get this working first before I get a vLAN capable switch.

Does anyone have any ideas? This really has me scratching my head. Untangle seems awesome, and I love the Dashboard. I already paid my license fee, so I hope I can end up using it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Though it could be inferred by my post, I forgot to directly state it per posting rules. Untangle is routing, not bridged.