Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Default Unifi AP Guest WIFI SSID

Hi everyone.

Iíve created a taggled VLAN in untangle, and linked in over as I normally with any other router/firewall with the unifi controller.
    The VLAN is supposed to have access to WAN - after speaking with untangle, they mentioned that creating the vlan in network > add tagged vlan interface would auto generate a vlan capable of doing so(see attached image 4). I enable DHCP on untangle, etc etc.

When a device connects to the guest ssid on the ubnt APís, I get the 169.254 ip address of death. I can see the 169.254 IP in the ubiquiti controller, but not the untangle UI. I donít see any traffic coming from the VLAN either.
    Iíve attached images (1-3), to show my config in ubnt.

Devices:
    untangle z12 hardware appliance
    8 ubnt ap-ac-pro
    1 ubnt usw-16-poe
    1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

Untangler

Untangler

Disregard the interface name, during troubleshooting, I moved interfaces and forgot to rename it.

I don't see an issue with your Unifi configuration, but I'm going to suggest a wild grab here...

What firmware is your USW-16-POE?

I ask because I have a very similar setup. Except, I have an Untangle on my own hardware, plugged into port 1 on a US-48 gen1 switch, with a US-8 hanging off it, and a single UAP-ACLite access point.

I'm running firmware version 4.3.13.11253, and a few weeks back I created a new corporate VLAN 50, to be used as a DMZ for a new RMM I was planning to deploy.

The bloody thing refused to work... nothing I did cooperated. With static addressing I could communicate with Untangle, but nothing else correctly, and I was just about to punch something.

Then... in a fit of frustration I enabled SSH to my Unifi gear, and as I iterated through all the devices I could get to a command prompt on all but, my US-48. So I told the US-48 to reboot via the UI... nothing. I pulled the power from the US-48, it rebooted, re-provisioned and BOOOM VLAN 50 is online.

So... I guess I'm saying perhaps you should try to agressively restart that USW-16. At very least issue a soft reboot command to it and see if it actually reboots. Because if it doesn't, it might locked up like mine was.

Because again, I see no configuration issues here. You're setup just like I am.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 12-08-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I'm absolutely going to try that in about 1 hours once the staff leaves the office.
    I've been ripping the little hair I have left out of my head over this one. I'll send an update after firmware update and reprovisioning.
    It's running 4.3.22.11330, and I now see that it has an update available!

Seems to be a Layer2 issue. Please post screenshots of the switch config. Also, do not crop your screenshots.

Untangler

With the new controller, it looks like Unifi is moving the "Guest" Wifi network to only password-free redirect-page type network.

Standard VLAN networks (guest or not) should really be created using a "VLAN" type of network, which has a much smaller configuration (non the the DHCP range nonsense, which doesn't apply without a USG). You should give it a try.

Make sure that all the switch ports facing the AP and the Untangle box use the "all" profile to pass all configured VLANs.

The easiest way to make sure it's not a switch config issue is to remove the switch and hook the AP straight into the UT box.

Untangler

Hi everyone,7.PNG
    Thank you again for your help.
    LaurentR, that totally makes sense. I went ahead and changed it over to a vlan type, but still no dice.
    sky, I installed the firmware update, and still nothing. Also tried a forced shutdown.
    Here is the new config. I'm going to try to plug AP directly into untangle as Tirso suggested this evening.
    7.PNG

Untangler

Forgot to post this one as well.
    8.PNG

Untangler

Could be stupid, but I guess not answered:
    Do you really have a second physical cable from Interface 3 of Untangle to the Switch (which would be a solution in terms of bandwidth)?
    If not, parent interface should be Interface 2 (Internal) instead, not?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast