Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default A bit stuck and stumped, can't figure it out.

Hello, I got a new modem today and can't think of why my network is partially down. Would love to hear ideas.

Modem>untangle bridge>switches>windows server dhcp, dns, ad.

I haven't changed any untangle settings, just the modem swap.

My servers are online (in the pass list), but nothing else is working outbound.

The modem ip matches my previous IP, dhcp is passing out the same info as before, untangle passes all connectivity out, but my clients behind it can't seem to make it out now. I didn't swap any of my wiring around other than unplugging from the old modem and into the new...

Any ideas on what I might be overlooking here?

Thanks!

Untangle Ninja

Reboot both again?

Master Untangler

Maybe your new modem is not just a modem but router combo. Why do you have Untangle in bridge mode? Is it behind another router or firewall?

Untangler

Yes, it's in bridge behind the new modem/router... Sorry, should've specified.

I'm off-site all day at a different location. If the modem/router is down I know it's an isp issue. I keep one device outside to remote into when needed to narrow down whatever complication we might be having.

Untangler

Even devices with static ip don't have connection, and IP config details are correct on the device.

Untangle Ninja

It is easy to miss something obvious, it happens to all of us once in a while. Double check and start pinging and trace routeing things.

If the router has ARP spoofing protection, bad things happen.
    CMcNaughton likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Thanks, I'm blaming the router/gateway now. I seem to be able to ping through untangle from an offline device with no trouble. Dead at the router.. The client list on the router looks normal. Having trouble understanding why a couple devices seem to work fine vs the others though. If I can ping my dns, ping untangle, ping modem/router, etc.

It seems that since my modem/router is 10.122.0.1 only the 10.122.0.1-254 work. All of my 10.122.1-254 have stopped working. Seems like a limitation of this particular gateway unless im overlooking something else.

Untangler

subnet issue I guess?

Master Untangler

Just FYI. It would be much easier to contact your ISP and ask if they can put the modem in bridge mode so Untangle can take over it's (router/firewall) role. But don't know if this is even possible in your case.
    CMcNaughton likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast