Thread: 1:1 NAT Help

Default 1:1 NAT Help

Hey guys,

Working on a project for a client and I'm running into an issue.

They have a beach webcam that is setup to stream on their website. Previously this webcam was setup on it's own Comcast modem with no special config in the modem. We were finally able to dump it from Comcast and extend our local network to it, but cannot get into it remotely. I added an alias to the wan interface, we'll say 1.1.1.30 (/28). I've created a port forward that if the destination is 1.1.1.30 then redirect it to 192.168.2.165 (internal IP of the camera). I have a NAT rule saying that if the source address is 192.168.2.165 then the new source is 1.1.1.30. The camera uses port 80. No matter what I try I never get a web interface. I turned the firewall off to see if there was anything weird in there causing it, but no dice. What am I missing?

Are you certain your ISP isn't blocking you? TCP 80 is very commonly blocked at an ISP level, and generally is only available on commercial connections.

If you can hit http://1.1.1.30 from inside the network, it's the ISP that's in the way. If you can't, I suggest screen shots of the port forward rule, and the nat rule.

One more thing... did you reset your camera? If you did, double check it's IP configuration, specifically its default gateway, if that isn't set to aim traffic at Untangle, these symptoms will appear too.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Are you certain your ISP isn't blocking you? TCP 80 is very commonly blocked at an ISP level, and generally is only available on commercial connections.

If you can hit http://1.1.1.30 from inside the network, it's the ISP that's in the way. If you can't, I suggest screen shots of the port forward rule, and the nat rule.

One more thing... did you reset your camera? If you did, double check it's IP configuration, specifically its default gateway, if that isn't set to aim traffic at Untangle, these symptoms will appear too.
    1.1.1.20 is one of their publics and externally I can hit it on port 80 and get into their Untangle, so .30 should get me into the camera. I did try changing it to port 85 for kicks and giggles but didn't make a difference. I didn't actually reset it, just switched it's IP. It was a external static IP and I switched it to DHCP, and setup a internal static. I tried manually setting the camera with just the external IP but that locked me out and didn't work. I'll grab some screenshots

You can get into Untangle's management, on TCP 80, from the outside?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com