Untangler

Default BT and Digital Phone have to use smart hub 2 ?

I hope this is the correct forum appologise if it should go into another one.

I am soon to be going onto BT Full Fiber to house and they are cancelling my copper phone so have to use their VOIP (digital Phone). I have done some research and from what I gather you have to use their Smart Hub 2 they supply which then means I would have to use that for internet.

I really want to keep the untangle box as the router onto the internet and not use it in bridge mode as I loose things like DHCP and I hate using suppliers routers. Also from what I have read the BT router is so locked down you cant even do QOS settings on it.

I was wondering if anyone out there has got Untangle setup as the main gateway to the internet and also using the BT Digital Phone service. I know I can use the untangle box as router with no issues but its the digital phone that causes the issue and there is very little detail out there. On the BT forums lots of people asking but I could not find any specific one using untangle its generally all about the off shelf routers.

Thanks

Untangler

Hi,

Same issue as you, trying to get untangle working with NO NAT now.

https://forums.untangle.com/installa...-dmz-zone.html

Untangler

ok will have a look at your thread

I was hoping that it would be a simple issue of somehow routing various port numbers to get the VOIP working and just using the BT router as an access point for the phones only. This is so annoying since ofcom have apparently told ISP's they are not allowed to force people to use their routers but with the new phone service they dont seem to let you use the VOIP phones any other way, hey ho another goverment body with no teeth.