Default Cannot get WAN internet connection on 802.1Q Vlan (T-Mobile Netherlands)

Hi all,

I a having a hard time connecting my Untangle equipped firewall to my new Glass Fiber T-Mobile connection.

The standard T-Mobile router is a Zyxel T50, and I have a stable connection to the internet when I hook this up.

If I want to use my own Router/Firewall, I need to hook it up via a tagged Vlan with tag 300. So this is what I did (please ignore the "address override" in this picture, that is when I tried to copy data from the Zyxel router. I also tried leaving all fields empty):

WiHAE6N8RU9UoLkpdz2xvNr7.jpg

Unfortunately, I am not getting an internet connection.

What would be the best way to trouble shoot this? I'm a noob, so please be gentle Any obvious mistakes I made?
    Last edited by mestardust; 01-13-2022 at 01:56 AM. Reason: typo

Untangler

Never done this so not very detailed, sorry. Add a tagged interface and bridge it to wan.

You need to configure External to be "disabled", then make the child interface on external the VLAN that you need. This does work!

But unless you have the multi-wan modules, having external AND the WAN VLAN interface both set to WAN will result in Untangle using the parent interface first. You don't want that!
    mestardust likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

You're a life saver @sky-knight, that did the trick!