Question PIX 515 and Untangle Webfilter

We have a PIX 515 in our network. Can we configure Untangle Webfilter to control the urls (as it is done by websense). If yes, please let me know the configuration that is to be there on Untangle sever and also my firewall.

Waiting eagerly for your reply

welcome to the forums!

We'll need to know more about your network, but the easiest way is probably to install untangle as a transparent bridge between the PIX and your main switch.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Arrow

Thanks for the immediate response.

Let me explain about our network

We have a router which has 2 ISPs terminated to it. PIX is connected to one of its fastethernet port.

We have three ports in PIX, Inside, outside and DMZ. we host our servers in DMZ. and there are different networks in our LAN (development, management and testing). each LAN segment gets NATed to a differnet public IP and goes to the router to the internet world. This way we make use of both the ISPs bandwidths. We have public IPs from both the ISPs. If develpement team gets NAted to ISP1's public the other teams gets NATed to ISP2's pubic IP.

If i use Untangle between our main switch and PIX i cannot use both the ISPs.
    Is there any possibility that i can use untangle webfilter in place of websense where it administers the urls??

Quote Originally Posted by praneethkatru View Post

If i use Untangle between our main switch and PIX i cannot use both the ISPs.
    Is there any possibility that i can use untangle webfilter in place of websense where it administers the urls??
    hmm... why not?

I'm not sure what you mean by "administers the urls"
    If you mean it interacts with the PIX then - no. Untangle is an in-line filter.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com