Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Dual-WAN and Multi-WAN info

edit: Multi-WAN functionality and WAN Failover and WAN Balancer are now available as of v6.2

As this question comes up frequently, I'm going to answer it in a new post.

We do not currently support Dual WAN or Multi WAN. We are working on it.

In the meantime we suggest just installing untangle as a bridge behind whatever dual WAN device you already have in place.
    If you don't have one there are some fairly inexpensive ones documented in the wiki here:
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/N...AN_failover.3F
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

This seems like it would be very difficult to do since we'd have to be able to:
    (1) Determine that the Primary WAN is down:
    (2) Route traffic through the Secondary WAN.

One question, considering you are stating that this could be coming:

Will we be able to specify which WAN (Primary or Secondary) certain servers (say in the DMZ) use when both links are available?

Untanglit

Does untangle support Multiple external interfaces. My application is that I would like to route certain types of traffic via another ISP depending on the port number used. Can that we done yet?

mdh

Read the first post in this thread. Its your answer.

Master Untangler

If multiwan/failover/load balancing is a feature that you would like to see possibly added to Untangle in the future please vote for the enhancement request here!

http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1057

Why are we doing this again? It was just a few months ago that Untangle admitted to HUGE reseller demand for this feature. I've stopping whining about it because I was promised the darn feature. So what is this on the back burner again?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

I was just browsing through bugzilla and saw the enhancement request and that it had 2 votes. I just wanted to post it here in the sticky to make sure people vote for it. I saw other features that were no where near as needed that had many more votes and I just assumed it's because the link for the multiwan enhancement request was never posted. I'm sure the UT guys know it's probably the #1 most desired feature though just by the fact that they get so many inquiries they had to create this sticky. :P

Master Untangler

Voted

the comments in the bug are awesome :

it isn't on the back burner - its being worked on. unfortunately its more difficult to do correctly than we thought. In fact, we're probably going to license some technology and make it a paid product so that it does full load balancing across multiple connections. (and hopefully allows for independent QoS)

I'm think we'll have a survey up soon to gather some thoughts from you guys...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

mdh

Statikk,

You have brought up what has been a inconsistency for quite a while. People post here that they want "x" but don't go to Bugzilla to vote for "x". While a few members of Engineering are out here with varying degrees of regularity, Bugzilla is still what they use for tracking of enhancement requests and bugs. Unofficial votes made here are noted by Product Management when they have time to pay attention to forums.

It should also be mentioned that even if a request has far more votes than another request, it may be complex enough that it has to be delayed until code can be re-engineered to support what it would take to make that request a possibility. There's also existing commitments and timelines that are used for planning. These can make it seem like the user base is not being paid attention to, while that's not the case at all.

Regardless, make your voice heard. You want it, then go to bugzilla.untangle.com and vote for it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast