Untangler

Default Unable to Connect to Internet

This is how I've setup my network:
    Internet -- Router -- Untangle (UT) -- LAN Switch -- PC Workstation
    After connecting the UT to the switch using the internal bridged card, I can access it just fine (https, http, java console, ssh). However, when I plug the external nic to the router, nothing happens. I cannot connect to the internet and the link light on the router doesn't light up. I have configured eth0 as static and eth1 as bridge. UT is setup on a dedicated Compaq Presario SR1020T, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz and 2.47 GB of RAM. What is it that I am missing.

try changing the external on the untangle to dynamically get an IP from your router. Internal leave it the same, bridged to external. See if this helps.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Thank you for the quick response. I've tried using a dynamic IP that UT got from an internal DHCP server. The IP configuration was properly assigned. However, I still have the same problem... not connecting to the internet (no link light on the router either).

try xover cable or try this. internet, router, switch, plug the external Untangle to one of the switch port, and internal port to a PC. This way, you are only filtering the single PC. See if the link light shows up.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Both solutions are now working okay. The magic solution for my need is the xover cable. Thank you!