Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default 6.0 beta2 available!

The beta v2 is available now.
    link removed - 6.0 gold is out

text from previous post about the beta:

6.0 is probably the biggest release we've ever had!
    Its got a totally new admin interface, internationalization, skinning, two new add-ons, tons of new features and bugfixes.
    The full changelog is available here: http://wiki-beta.untangle.com/index.php/6.0_Changelog

As always, we'd love your help testing it out and your feedback. Remember, this is a beta so don't use this on production sites.
    At this time only the new ISO install is available; upgrades and Untangle for Windows will come later.

Information on writing language packs ond custom skins will be coming later.
    If you're interested in helping with a language pack please email: jcoffin@untangle.com

Major known bugs
    (kept up to date with edits):
    - Phish Blocker has performance issues in this build - don't use it until next build.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Filed bug 5464.

Thanks Dirk. We are very excited with the developments. Your team just keeps them coming. We really enjoy partnering with Untangle.

I was testing the newest build this morning. In the eSoft module I blocked "web-based email". I also have "Scan HTTPS" turned on. I went to http://gmail.com and it was blocked. The block page says "Reason:Web-based Email". I then went to https://gmail.com and it let me right into the site.

I waited 30 minutes and tried it again. Still, Https://gmail.com is NOT blocked.

90% of the reason we would buy eSoft for our clients is for https filtering. This is a show stopper.

Master Untangler

Although FW GUI showing traffic blocked, but when I went to see the event log for FW blocked event and nothing is showing. Even after clicking on refresh.

Master Untangler

Do you have a rule at the bottom to block and log all?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
    Do you have a rule at the bottom to block and log all?
    yes, but its not enable. I can view the firewall events. Just not the blocked events

Quote Originally Posted by dknyinva View Post
    yes, but its not enable. I can view the firewall events. Just not the blocked events
    are you sure you have the 'log' checkbox checked in the rule thats doing the blocking?

it works fine for me as long as you check that...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

more click and more trouble.
    such as: web filter
    Add: web filter ->setting -> sites -> manage site-> add
    Save: Update(input content) -> update (add URL) -> save (result)

Untanglit

using vmware to virtual 4 NIC, then the untangle cannot start..
    holding on "please wait" very long time. i have been waiting around 30 mins.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    are you sure you have the 'log' checkbox checked in the rule thats doing the blocking?

it works fine for me as long as you check that...
    Dirk. I was wondering about the no-logging issue myself this morning. Though, when I read your post above it makes me think that logging might not happen if I have my default set to "Block". Is there another configuration that will give us logging?

Master Untangler

I figured it out (I think). If there isn't a nat rule for the inbound port then it never even gets to the firewall. The packet must be dropped before it. So that would make sense we wouldn't see a log entry.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast