Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Interesting, we're also using IceWarp and are in the same situation: IceWarp + Untangle + Office 2007 = send/receive errors. I've tried everything I've found through the forums (Search: POP3 connection error) but have had to resort to bypassing the few users running Outlook 2007 to 'no rack'. Luckily, we don't have too many users on Office 2007 (yet).

Any help with this would be great, as we'd like to deploy Office 2007 to all users.

Still no luck on our end, I will post up some Outlook 2007 logs later (they are at the office, and I happened to power off the drive they were stored on). Something Untangle (or outlook) does causes it to break the message apart. Unfortunately for us, every system has Outlook 2007.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

I have found out that there is a 2-3 seconds delay when fetching mail, which causes some mail clients to fail. More details here: http://forums.untangle.com/networkin...formation.html

Where is the mail server? Inside your lan? In a DMZ? In the ISP?
    In theory, if the mail server is in the lan:

Internet
    |
    | (SMTP in and out)
    |
    Untangle
    |
    |
    LAN-----Mail Server
    |
    |
    client Pop3

Untangle should not interfere in Pop3 communications with this scheme
    Last edited by dwasserman; 01-26-2010 at 08:47 AM.

It is natural for the Untangle to impose a 2-3 second delay on the receipt of any mail as the device does its job. This delay doesn't cause the client to time out normally, unless your Untangle doesn't have the horse power to deal with your load.

I find the specific combination of Outlook 2007, Untangle, and IceWarp to be interesting. I would contact Untangle support and see if you can't get engineering to take a look at what is going on. I suspect there is a bug report here waiting to be filed that may just nail down some more of the RETR error.

As for the rest... Do you really need to process pop3 traffic through Untangle? Assuming you have Untangle doing SMTP filtration in front of the box I'd disable pop3 filtration out right in the spam module. Why filter it "again"?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I have a site with this same issue and I'd love to help get it resolved. Let me know if there is any information that I can provide...

We use a hosted IceWarp POP3 email provider. It only happens with Outlook 2007 clients. The Outlook error message is the same, i.e. 0x800CCC90. Disabling Spam Blocker and Virus Blocker modules does not fix the problem. Setting Disable POP3 email processing in System Configuration > Protocol Settings does fix the problem.
    Last edited by bronzewire; 01-26-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Correction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12