Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Outlook 2007 + Spam Blocker or Virus Blocker + With Protocol Control Enabled

Outlook 2007 + Spam Blocker or Virus Blocker + With Protocol Control Enabled

Email messages get borked while trying to transmit/receive them. It works fine under SSL, but that bypasses the filter.

This only happens when using Outlook 2007 with either the spam blocker or the virus blocker enabled (or both) while the protocol control is enabled. Outlook 2003 works fine under the same conditions, so something with outlook 2007 does not play well with this combination.

The only solution was to disable protocol control.

From reading around the forum, it is a common problem.

I have Outlook 2007 and I can't duplicate your issue. The error message you're showing in the screenshot indicates a possible issue with your desktop anti-virus software. Try killing the e-mail scanner in your local AV and try that instead.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Yea i stuck my foot in my mouth on that one. Investigating further.

Don't feel bad, it happens to us all. The devil is in the details and it is always the little things that cause the big problems. Just keep pounding on it, you'll find the answer. If you need more help from the community. Post away, that's what it's for!
    NexgenAppliances.com

Alright after further testing, multiple systems. Office 2007 Outlook (with office sp1) still having the issues. Disabled all local protection, tried a system with nothing but XP SP3 and Office 2007 SP1 and still a no go. I will try re-enabling it later on and report back to you all after a proper reboot after enabling. It's just difficult to reboot in the middle of the day with about 50-60 users and 3 VPN sites that all link back. From what I further gathered on this mass forum of untangle knowledge, the reboot might be the simplest fix. Sort of an "Occam's razor" kind of thing.

On another note, if that does not work, I will just call support. Seeing as how we paid for it, we might want to use it. :-P
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 02-17-2009 at 12:01 PM.

UPDATE: Rebooting did absolutely nothing I am pretty much stumped, I will call support tomorrow on this.

This is probably the famous RETR problem that I'm having since installed 6.0

Search "RETR" in the forums and you'll see that is a common bug for Thunderbird and Outlook 2007 users.

I've disabled Virus Scan and spam filter sicen then, because I really need protocol control.

Hope it resolves in the upcoming "lenny" distribution.

(Sorry for my english)

I have had this problem since 5.3, I was hoping that it would be fixed by now. :-(

The issue isn't as simple as Thunderbird and Outlook 2007...

It appears to only be triggered with certain mail clients while connected with certain mail servers... The POP3 proxies built into most AV products aren't helping.

I can verify that Exchange 2007 when connecting to Exchange 2007 doesn't cause this... I also have no issues with my ISP (Cox) mail server. Cox has falsified their STMP greeting so I can't verify what mail software is in use. Perhaps sendmail?
    NexgenAppliances.com

IceWarp eMail Server Is what we use.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast