Untangler

Default XBox Online How-to

Searched through the forums, and ended up finding the answer to my question elsewhere, so I thought that I would post my solution here.

My XBOX360 was unable to connect to games or chat, and the network test said that my NAT was moderate. What it meant is that it was unable to automatically request that Untangle redirect certain incoming ports at my XBOX internally. Here is what I did to fix it.

Port Map
    forward ports 88 udp and 3074 udp/tcp to the xbox's internal ip address (set as a static DHCP so it doesn't change, or statically configure it).

Bypass
    Setup the IP address of your XBOX in the Bypass rules as a source address rule.

------

Hope this helps someone as post after post of "my works great behind untangle" was really irritating to me, and having to find the answer on another forum seemed silly. lol.

Or you can just allow the ports on the firewall and not do any port forwarding. The NAT will take care of the rest. Thats how I have mine setup. With your configuration, if you want to hook up a second xbox on your network, you will be unable to do so.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Untangler

I had the same problem, and used an external router to fix for awhile, but this ended up fixing it for me.

- either assign a static address directly in the xbox or have DHCP reserve one for it.
    - Create a bypass rule for source interface internal source address being the reserved address
    - Create another bypass rule for destionation address of the reserved address, don't need anything else.

works fine and you can do this on as many boxes nessicarry, will have to think of something different if the xbox can start getting viruses, because this configuration bypasses all logging, all the filters, and the virus scanner built into the system.

With no threats really out there for Xboxes, don't really see any problem with this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by PROACTIVENS View Post
    Or you can just allow the ports on the firewall and not do any port forwarding. The NAT will take care of the rest. Thats how I have mine setup. With your configuration, if you want to hook up a second xbox on your network, you will be unable to do so.
    This one is obviously the easiest and most secure method, I would also do this.
    Dude, Where's My Car?