Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Untanglit

I am very frustrated I have set the untangle box to send mail directly. No luck it will not work. I have check all the email accounts using both web mail and outlook. I have configured the untangle to use several accounts that will not work either. I am absolutely positive that I am configuring all the proper parameters in to the untangle server. I have configured mail on computers for a long time now. I do understand that there are different ports that can be used. I have tried them all. I have called my isp and they have assured me that port 25 is opened and I have no problems sending mail from a mail client (outlook) using any of the accounts that I have tried on the untangle server. As I said before I have completely reinstalled the system from scratch and it is still not working.

You can try to send directly. It's pretty cut and dry. Just choose "Send Mail Directly" and enter the address you wish to receive the mail. YES I DID NO IT IS NOT WORKING

Or, are you saying that the email doesn't go through with this method either? YES I CANOT RECIVE REPORTS OR VPN KEYS ECT.

When you set it to relay through gmail... did you change the port to the correct port and was your account settings entered correctly? YES I DID SMTP 465

Do you have any problems emailing from an email client such as outlook? If not, what relay are you using with it? NO PROBLEMS IN THE MAIL CLIENT WHEN YOU SAY WHAT RELAY ARE YOU REFERING TO THE MAIL HOST SERVICE GMAIL, YAHOO, AND GODADDY.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I WANT TO GET THIS GOING SO I CAN SET THIS UP FOR SOME HOTELS IN MY AREA BUT I DONT WHAT EGG ON MY FACE. OOOOOPS SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

Untangler

I am having the same problem, I looked at my logs and I wonder if it is because the email we are sending is looping back into the system.

In other words is your Untangle Server is on the same network, there is a possibility that Exim4 thinks you are trying to do an illegal relay.

If the above is tight then how do we tell it to behave?

Untanglit

Default i tried

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I am having the same problem, I looked at my logs and I wonder if it is because the email we are sending is looping back into the system.

In other words is your Untangle Server is on the same network, there is a possibility that Exim4 thinks you are trying to do an illegal relay.

If the above is tight then how do we tell it to behave?
    i tried sending test messages with all the modules turned off. as i mentiond it worked for about 3 or 4 days then just stoped. that was a month ago now

Not sure, my configuration is set just as was described by silver. Send directly, from address I used a real address and fake address....
    Did you check out the exim logs when you tried to use the send mail directly? I might save the email config, then just try a reboot....not sure if that would make a difference, just to clear everything out from it.....
    Then send the email, and check the logs....

Untanglit

i have assume that ther is not a solution to what seems like a simple problem. can i get help directly over the phone if i pay?

Hey, sent you a pm

Untanglit

I am having the same issue here. I am trying to use gmail as my smtp relay, using the same settings and secure port as in my Outlook setup. Since I am behind an SBC network, local relays get squashed. Any suggestions? I get no emails, but the test email says it was sent.

Untanglit

the only way i ever got this to work with my gmail was by useing the sendmail directly and then do a power down and reset the box. after that it started working but it never did useing the mail sittings from my outlook. sorry i did not have a grate answer but this was my conclusion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123