Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Nicolus - This is awesome!

I can't believe nobody has responded to this post.

Thanks for posting the details. Awesome!

Nicolus -- I for one appreciate the time and effort you took in making this available to the community. I have not tried to implement this as of yet but will consider doing that as soon as I have some time. Thank You.

Untangler

Default Too busy probably

Thank you for your kind comments.

600 users have viewed this, so I'm sure one or two of them are now busy making it happen.

Nic.

Nicolus, I am getting ready to virtualize an SBS 2003 server this weekend then upgrade it to 2008 SBS and will be implementing many of the features you have detailed here. Thanks for the taking the time to do this!!

Untanglit

I don't use SBS, but just wanted to post and say, nice write-up! Some of the concepts and specifics are useful even to non-SBS users.

Untangler

I hate to be a pain and I do really apprieciate the effort it took to document that stuff. But as said earlier, IMAP to an SBS is NOT the prefered method of doing things. BIS allows you to access email via OWA (outlook web access) meaning you get your email pushed. And you have one less insecure port open on your box. Honestly though if using BBs you should have BPS or whatever they are calling it today. Then you have full control over your blackberrys including remote wipe and synced contacts/calendars.
    Or you can dump the BBs and the hefty price tag and go with WM6 phones which give you all the same features as BES but its FREeeee and included in exchange 07. Yea the phones suck, but what are you gonna do...
    Thanks again on the rest of the write up.

I love my windows mobile... paid for itself in the first week when a client's server yelled for help and I RDP'd off the phone into the server and fixed the thing while I was waiting in line for Space Mountain at Disneyland... Yeah, do that on your Blackberry!

Blackberry + SBS is enough to put me into convulsions... one is stealing money that doesn't need to be spent and the other is just a POS.

Also, to take what JointTech was saying. The POP3 and IMAP connectors are both officially deprecated as of Exchange 2007. This means the next version of Exchange SIMPLY WON'T HAVE THEM. You will be required to use an Exchange Client to access the mail on the server. However, the new OWA is a full AJAX system that officially supports both Firefox and IE so you really won't need anything else.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12