Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default How Do Install Apps from Behind Firewall?

I just installed and the library is empty because I am behind a firewall that requires authentication. I updated the proxy settings in FireFox and I am able to reach the internet from the Untangle server so I know the networking is working properly. Untangle says the DNS succeeds, but the internet fails (which is correct because it is not prompting me to enter my user-id and password, nor do I see a place to store it).

How do I configure Untangle so that it can reach the public internet via our firewall (i.e. use my user-id and password)?

hey skider86.
    filed a bug for that
    http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3371

Untangler

I believe I have found a work-able solution through trial/error. I reinstalled from scratch off CD using these steps:

1. Updated /etc/apt/apt.conf with proxy server info:

Acquire::http://Proxy "http://usernameassword@proxyserver.comort/";
    Acquire::ftp://Proxy "ftp://usernameassword@proxyserver.comort/";

2. Updated the /etc/apt/sources.list with the following info (mine was empty):

deb http://user:user@updates.untangle.com/untangle stable main

3. Run apt-get to retrieve updates.

"apt-get update"

4. Launch client on server -- Library tab now shows software products. (Nothing happens when I click on them to learn more info, but I noticed another thread where people are having this issue today.)

Pretty cool update on it

Untanglit

Default problem with proxy authentification

first, sorry for my language but i'm french and i have difficulty for translate.
    so, i'm testing UT in bridge mode for filtering spam. UT is behind an ISA server and ISA server need authentification for connexion.
    I try to follow the step of this post, but with no issue: no connexion and it's impossible to download software products.

Is anybody can help me?

Thank a lot

Chris

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by chris09 View Post
    first, sorry for my language but i'm french and i have difficulty for translate.
    so, i'm testing UT in bridge mode for filtering spam. UT is behind an ISA server and ISA server need authentification for connexion.
    I try to follow the step of this post, but with no issue: no connexion and it's impossible to download software products.
    Be sure you put your authentication information into the file apt.conf in Step 1 and did not use the literal text. So where I have "username" you need to replace the username for your firewall and where I have "password" you need to replace the password for your firewall. It goes without saying that you should exercise caution if others have access to the Untangle server and you should NOT be using the same password for other resources you use just in case.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by skider86 View Post
    I just installed and the library is empty because I am behind a firewall that requires authentication. I updated the proxy settings in FireFox and I am able to reach the internet from the Untangle server so I know the networking is working properly. Untangle says the DNS succeeds, but the internet fails (which is correct because it is not prompting me to enter my user-id and password, nor do I see a place to store it).

How do I configure Untangle so that it can reach the public internet via our firewall (i.e. use my user-id and password)?
    Quote Originally Posted by skider86 View Post
    Be sure you put your authentication information into the file apt.conf in Step 1 and did not use the literal text. So where I have "username" you need to replace the username for your firewall and where I have "password" you need to replace the password for your firewall. It goes without saying that you should exercise caution if others have access to the Untangle server and you should NOT be using the same password for other resources you use just in case.
    the authentification information are good.
    is this authentification must be not in use in the network?

mdh

chris09,

Without seeing a network diagram, the only thing I can say in the authentication area is that Untangle should be upstream from your ISA server, as in INTERNET <> ROUTER <> UNTANGLE <> SWITCH <> LAN. When connected like this, ISA server should not present any problems. Make this change then see if you can download. If you do not have the ability to download products for the Untangle rack, it is a connectivity issue.

Untanglit

Thanks
    here is my network diagram:
    Internet <--> Router <--> ISA (SBS premium) <--> Untangle <--> Switch<--> LAN

I precise that i am able to reach to the Internet in firefox when i update the proxy setting. so, the network working properly. Untangle says the DNS and Internet succeeds;
    is my network diagram correct?

thanks

Well...... I think it would go like this in general:
    router-->Untangle-->Lan--SBS
    Have the router running NAT, Untangle in bridge mode with the 1 internal ip address... then have the sbs located on the lan behind the Untangle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast