Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HAHA you don't have to be all that...

I'm "lead" tech for Intouch... I'm also the ONLY tech currently.

So I'm the hardware tech, the software tech, the network tech, the internet tech, and whatever tech I need to be to get the job done.

Also, UT was designed to be installed by a business owner, so you should have an easy time getting it online. It isn't meant to be controlled by people with massive network experience. Granted that experience helps a crap ton to keep it online, but it isn't a requirement.

Glad it's sorted.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Sky-Knight...It's on line and working great, but for one issue. The Virus-Blocker isn't scanning anything. I thought maybe I had the cables swapped, so I switched them then sent some emails again - as I had with the cables in the previous position --- no scanning whatsoever.

Bad install ?? How can I confirm in Linux which NIC is external and internal ? I know little of Linux, I'm assuming there is a Linux command I can use to tell ?

mdh

You can do it through the web interface. Go to CONFIG->NETWORKING. You will see the interfaces listed. You should see green lights on them. Disconnect a cable (pay attention to which one you think you are disconnecting) and click on REFRESH INTERFACES. If the green light went out on the one you think you disconnected, you're ok. Plug it back in. If not, swap the cables from one card to the other.

Just did that and confirmed I have the cables correct -- but the Virus Blocker is not scanning anything whatsoever. I have thousands of pages scanned by other apps, zero with the Virus Blocker even after sending out numerous emails...

Any thoughts ??

BTW - thanks mdh !!

All, never mind...I did the eicar test and the V/B worked, stopped me from even downloading it. Apparently it only LOGS if it sees a virus.

Thanks Sky and mdh for your help...much appreciated !!

Yeah the VB only scans files, it doesn't scan "pages" so the activity monitor for it is a bit deceiving.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12