Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by ncksh View Post
    Thanks, looks like the fix is pretty simple

ACCEPTED_PREVIOUS_VERSION="15.0"
    ACCEPTED_PREVIOUS_VERSION="15.1"

Does that get rolled into a nightly type build or will it be in the next version of the beta release ?

Thanks
    Or is it possible to install 16 then manualy make the required changes to uvm/hier/usr/share/untangle/bin/ut-restore.sh ?

Simply adding those flags to the script doesn't mean the script has the appropriate routines to deal with the old backup.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Simply adding those flags to the script doesn't mean the script has the appropriate routines to deal with the old backup.
    OK - perhaps I misread the fix on Jira, but it very much looked like the fix was to just add 15.1 to the supported versions in that config file.

It's marked as fixed/resolved and the only change I can see to implement the fix is as per my post.

OK - perhaps I misread the fix on Jira, but it very much looked like the fix was to just add 15.1 to the supported versions in that config file.

It's marked as fixed/resolved and the only change I can see to implement the fix is as per my post.
    No, you didn't misinterpret Jira, or at very least if you did I'm making the same mistake. Which leaves the remaining question, when does this appear in the ISO we can play with? Does it pull down via platform update automatically? I'd assume it does... but I must admit the incremental releases Untangle does at times are a bit opaque to me. I've never bothered to watch the platform that closely.

I made the silly assumption that you made those changes yourself... my bad.
    ncksh likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I don't really have anything authoritative to add to this conversation.

But I picked up on a couple of things.

My suggestion is to be patient. John Coffin normally announces a time/date release for new Beta version here in this thread he started. There might be one or two, if any.

The TL;DR follows.
    I was involved with the "OpenWrt Community firmware" site while Marvell was developing the mwlwifi driver for the Wi-Fi chipset. That is mainly relevant here for NGFW firmware on Linksys hardware. (I have since moved on to an appliance and an Unifi AP, with β SD-WAN firmware on the Linksys).

kayloz has the github repository for mwlwifi, and yuhhaurlin was the primary contributor.

Davidc502 would do nightly builds of LEDE to incorporate the driver iterations, however unstable. I would test on that platform, then provide feedback on the open issues. These were the kind of things that would cause the router to fall over within hours. It was long before Marvell declared the project 'done'.

This wasn't alpha testing, this was the bleeding edge of development, and it was interesting to me. Troubleshooting is an addiction to me.

By contrast, Untangle is a commercial security product. Its development in no way compares to a community project. So there are no 'nightly builds' available to the public.

If I worked for Untangle, I would expect to see a testing protocol to be implemented before 'flipping the switch' and making some feature in a Beta test available to customers.

That is why those of us that have been on the forums for a while, don't worry about a precise release date.
    This is very similar to me not going into the kitchen of a restaurant to see how the meal is progressing. It usually won't improve the experience for anyone.

Last edited by Jim.Alles; 07-30-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    djrees likes this.

Untangler

Has this been tested? Does anyone know if this works?
    ncksh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by djrees View Post
    Has this been tested? Does anyone know if this works?
    Backups from 15.1 have been tested and works correctly on the newest build but not on this beta. We will post another beta soon.
    Jim.Alles, Marty_B, ncksh and 3 others like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Hi, how can I upgrade in place to the 16 beta from my 15.1. I run untangle on a VM thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tegoa View Post
    Hi, how can I upgrade in place to the 16 beta from my 15.1. I run untangle on a VM thanks.
    Betas are not upgradable.
    smiller likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by tegoa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Betas are not upgradable.
    In short, to "upgrade", you would have to download the beta ISO and install from scratch. If your configuration is not complex this may be an option for you; however, with the immediate prior version (15.1) backup not being an option to restore, you may want to hold off.
    Untangle 16.0.1 (Build: 20201011T124207) (Kernel: 4.19.0-8-untangle-amd64)
    QOTOM-Q355G4
    1.6-2.7 GHz Intel I5 5250U, 128GB SSD mSATA, 8GB RAM DDR3L, 4xRJ-45 Intel I211AT 10/100/1000 Controller

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast