Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Untangler

I reverted back to NG Firewall 15.1 and the policy rules work correctly. I dont know if something happened in the restore of my 15.1 configuration when I installed 16.0 or if there is a problem with 16.0.

Guys you will do a subforum for Wireguard? i need some Q/A and i dont want to derail this thread...
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    Guys you will do a subforum for Wireguard? i need some Q/A and i dont want to derail this thread...
    do you have access to the testing forum?
    (For now, until UT adds to the forums)

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    Just created https://forums.untangle.com/wireguard-vpn/
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

A request for the OVAs - would it be possible to put them out with a smaller sized disk, say 32GB or 64GB, and then offer the ability to grow if needed? I only have a 128GB and 256GB SSD in my "router box" and I've got other low-resource VMs on there. My Untangle install will likely never need more than 10-20GB as I don't use caching or any other disk-heavy services.

For now I've just been installing off the ISO instead of using the OVA, but it's obviously more work...

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
    A request for the OVAs - would it be possible to put them out with a smaller sized disk, say 32GB or 64GB, and then offer the ability to grow if needed? I only have a 128GB and 256GB SSD in my "router box" and I've got other low-resource VMs on there. My Untangle install will likely never need more than 10-20GB as I don't use caching or any other disk-heavy services.

For now I've just been installing off the ISO instead of using the OVA, but it's obviously more work...
    you can use GParted to shrink /dev/sda1 to a smaller size immediately after deploying the ova. the .vmdk will still be thin-provisioned for 320GB, but with the only live partition shrunk to a smaller size, it'll never grow past that size.
    see my thread on the subject here: https://forums.untangle.com/installa...tml#post243281

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    you can use GParted to shrink /dev/sda1 to a smaller size immediately after deploying the ova. the .vmdk will still be thin-provisioned for 320GB, but with the only live partition shrunk to a smaller size, it'll never grow past that size.
    see my thread on the subject here: https://forums.untangle.com/installa...tml#post243281
    This is helpful... I can still envision tight storage situations where a disk gets moved to storage that doesn't allow thin-provisioning or something and then you have somewhat of a problem, but I guess this is a decent hack.

I just installed from ISO, and since modern Linux distros have VM-aware kernels it's not so much of a problem to not deploy an OVA/OVF. Plus we still get root access to Untangle... there are tons of "appliances" that don't give you that access and if you want to add VM tools they don't let you (so you're stuck with whatever appliance they provide).
    Last edited by ZPrime; 09-21-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Closing this thread since 16.0.0 has a release candidate. https://forums.untangle.com/ng-firew...available.html
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789