Default Version 15.1.0 Untagging Host Issue

I found an older post indicating that an issue that I am encountering was resolved with an earlier (13.? version). The issue that I am encountering is regarding removing tags from tagged hosts. I can tag hosts, but I cannot remove (untag) hosts. I am attempting to use tags with Tunnel VPN and if I wish to remove a tag, I make the change, save the change and all appears successful. Yet if I leave the Hosts window and then return to Hosts, the tag that I attempted to remove is reported with the host. Is this a known issue?

Talking Welcome

...to Untangle and the forums!
    Although that was a little belated, on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawkinsvalrico View Post
    I found an older post indicating that an issue that I am encountering was resolved with an earlier (13.? version). The issue that I am encountering is regarding removing tags from tagged hosts. I can tag hosts, but I cannot remove (untag) hosts. I am attempting to use tags with Tunnel VPN and if I wish to remove a tag, I make the change, save the change and all appears successful. Yet if I leave the Hosts window and then return to Hosts, the tag that I attempted to remove is reported with the host. Is this a known issue?
    I haven't run across this myself.
    The thing to do is to open a support ticket. Hit the green (? Help) button on this page.

The Jira ticket system is open for inspection and searches. You can advise the Support technician that this issue needs to be re-opened: https://jira.untangle.com/projects/NGFW/issues/NGFW-12773?filter=allissues

It would also be good to reference this thread and the earlier one you found. Thank you for searching!
    It appears this bug keeps hiding.

Thanks Ninja. I did as you suggested and it really is not a huge issue to me, but it would be nice if it is corrected.

I did a bit more thorough testing and observed:
    - While in hosts I remove the VPN tag attached to a host and then save.
    - I can move from hosts after I save the change to Dashboard and go back to hosts and the tag is no longer associated with the host that I removed it from.
    - I go to Apps and back to hosts and the removed tag reappears associated with the host.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jhawkinsvalrico View Post
    Thanks Ninja. I did as you suggested and it really is not a huge issue to me, but it would be nice if it is corrected.

I did a bit more thorough testing and observed:
    - While in hosts I remove the VPN tag attached to a host and then save.
    - I can move from hosts after I save the change to Dashboard and go back to hosts and the tag is no longer associated with the host that I removed it from.
    - I go to Apps and back to hosts and the removed tag reappears associated with the host.
    Yes, the hosts table behaves pretty weird with tagged devices. One thing to check is, if your device is tagged in the devices tab. Because the hosts tab inherits tags (among others) from the corresponding device in the devices tab.
    Jim.Alles likes this.