Untangler

Default Need Help With License Renewal

Hi everyone,

I use my Untangle set up in a Home environment and as such I have been using the classic Home license. This is due for renewal by the 8th of this month.
    I attempted to renew it yesterday through the command center, but a combination of the command center not working great on mobile devices and me being on some pretty heavy duty pain killers at the moment due to an ongoing health condition has caused me to somehow purchase an additional HomePro license rather than renewing my existing Home license.
    I would really like to keep my exisiting Home license instead of switching over to the HomePro. Is there any chance that a member of the sales team can look in to this for me and correct my mistake?

I did email the store-sales email address as soon as I realised my mistake yesterday but I have not yet received a response. I'm concerned that my existing license is due to expire soon and I would really like to get this issue resolved before it does.

I'm not sure what else to do so thought it best to post my question on here

I was going to suggest simply calling Untangle. But I'm not sure how that international thing works: +44.808.178.0110

UT Sales or Support should be able to get you sorted out pretty quickly.

Your worst case? Just apply the new subscription to your Untangle via your Untangle.com login. The old sub dies, and the new one takes over. You could do this yourself pretty quickly.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Thanks for your reply Sky.

I was thinking about simply applying the new subscription over my old one but, wasn't there some changes to the HomePro license that made it preferable for those that could to hold on to their original Home licenses? Wasn't there changes to the antivirus engine used or something like that? I can't quite remember?

You have a week after expiration to renew an old subscription, so you do have time to simply wait for your inquiry to go through.
    jim1985 likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I believe you are correct, Jim, where the Virus Blocker application is technically grandfathered in on older Home subscriptions, compared to HomePro: https://www.untangle.com/shop/ng-firewall-homepro/