Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Does your Untangle have a public IP address on the WAN or is it NAT by the ISP modem. If there is no public IP on Untangle, then the scan results are of your ISP modem.
    I am currently being assigned a carrier grade NAT for my WAN interface (100.64.x.x) so this could very well be the issue. Given all of the RFC1918 garbage I see hitting my WAN interface, I assume they are not overly concerned with locking down their NAT domains. It was just surprising to me to see it when I moved to Untangle as I did not see it when I was running PfSense behind the same CGNAT address.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Alles View Post
    An SMB rule, as a freebie example:

Attachment 10545
    Jim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your FW rules and to provide more color on some of the information jcoffin provided. The rules you posted are especially helpful in helping to jump start my transition to Untangle. Much appreciated!

I am a bit disappointed to hear there is no option to terminate existing sessions when making FW changes. This seems like something that should be added to the Untangle road map.

I also had to chuckle with regard to your comment on blocked traffic hitting the WAN interface. When I first setup PfSense, I thought the entire world was targeting my home network! I will say that having the nice global IP destination graphic on the Untangle dashboard has not made me sleep any better.

Thanks again for all the information you have shared.

David
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12