Default Bandwidth Usage Report irregularity

There seems to be an issue somewhere. Not sure which reports to believe. Day I reference below is the 9th.

Here is an email summary of bandwidth usage yesterday, looks to be almost 40GB.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 4.17.17 PM.png

Command center dashboard shows 8.53GB. Entire widget seems to be off.
    J85SZL.png

Reports are close but a touch off 43.37GB
    Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 4.22.41 PM.png

Another report, if you compare with dashboard widget follows the same pattern which leaves me to believe dashboard widget calibration is off.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 4.25.03 PM.png

Anyone else notice small variations in data size reporting? For me personally it's not as big of a deal, but I also mailed my dad an untangle unit for his home and he lives in Florida where there is a 1TB data cap so knowing usage as accurately as possible is ideal to not get hit with overage fees.

I have a similar issue for 10 Sept data, daily report states "The server passed 13.8 gigabytes" which is about right, but the Network / Data Usage (by interface) report states 265gigabytes which is not right.
    2020-09-11_12-17.png
    2020-09-11_12-17_1.png
    2020-09-11_12-18.png
    Last edited by montyr; 09-11-2020 at 02:13 AM.

I noticed that and failed to mention it in my post as well. On Reports -> Network -> Data Usage By Interface, when I choose "Yesterday" it shows my monthly (I'm assuming because the number is so large) usage of 631GB.

I don't even want to get started with all the size inconsistencies across the entire platform. Report side columns show MB, GB, hover data shows Mbyte and Gbyte which throws my mind off because I was raised with uppercase and lowercase meaning specific terms bit Byte etc so the trailing "yte" throws me off sometimes.

It is possible that the discrepancies may have something to do with MiB vs MB and GiB vs GB (1000 vs 1024). Who knows. I think the data across the platform is stored in multiple formats. Some "Data View" tabs show the data stored in smaller numbers and being referenced in GB reports, other places I believe it is a much larger number stored in bytes and bits. I think the whole platform should be stored in bits and then all the calculations should be done on the frontend with Javascript. It is a super low overhead calculation for the browser.