Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by cakesandpies View Post
    It looks like it does though. I'm able to connect to it from my phone and can access my internal stuff.

Here's the page when I started a download, it shows the bytes out going up.
    Attachment 10653
    Attachment 10652
    Don’t ruin it for the rest of us if it’s working without license. lol
    donhwyo and soldier like this.

Master Untangler

UT advised WireGuard VPN is not part of the Home Complete license. Id be willing to pay for a license if offered as a home user. Only one user in our home would use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by miles267 View Post
    I’d be willing to pay for a license if offered as a home user. Only one user in our home would use it.
    That's what's kind of weird about the situation. It doesn't seem to be available that way. At all. It's either at least a more than 5x upgrade from Home Pro to Complete for $270/yr (and really, what person who cares about this has only 12 devices?) or nothing.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 15.1.0 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Untangle Ninja

You can always install wireguard on a vm. That is what I would do and I think most others would too. Since it costs Untangle almost nothing once it is setup they should use it as a pr advantage.
    miles267 and soldier like this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    That's what's kind of weird about the situation. It doesn't seem to be available that way. At all. It's either at least a more than 5x upgrade from Home Pro to Complete for $270/yr (and really, what person who cares about this has only 12 devices?) or nothing.
    This needs to be changed. The average home and family of 4 probably has around 30 devices connected. I would pay for complete if it was unlimited for home use. 12 devices limit is completely unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudog2 View Post
    I would pay for complete if it was unlimited for home use.
    HomePro is unlimited for home use. Untangle is (presumably) constrained by upstream providers like BitDefender and WebRoot on how they can license Complete.
    CMcNaughton likes this.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 15.1.0 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    HomePro is unlimited for home use. Untangle is (presumably) constrained by upstream providers like BitDefender and WebRoot on how they can license Complete.
    I know I have homepro. I’m just saying with all the other stuff they’re adding that is not included with HomePro now, that I would consider buying complete if it was unlimited for home use.

From a price point I would pay $100 a year for home pro “plus” that added wire guard and threat prevention.
    From a # of devices standpoint I have a 800 square foot home and 2 of here and have 43 devices. From smart phones, smart TVs, rokus, and home automation items the count goes up.
    I pay for AV on the firewall and use policies to move the IOT devices into that to keep the device count low for AV.
    I don’t mind paying fair price, but fair to both of us as I can’t justify the full cost of the business license.

@Here -- um, stay tuned.
    jcoehoorn, JasonJoel and miles267 like this.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by CMcNaughton View Post
    @Here -- um, stay tuned.
    For how long
    CMcNaughton likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast