Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Master Untangler

I run wireguard on my Unraid server.

Would I PREFER my edge gateway apps to all be on Untangle - yes. Just like I would prefer my routing apps to be on Untangle (like avahi mdns reflector, which I also have to run in a VM on my Unraid server).

Are there other pretty easy ways for home users to do it outside of Untangle - yes.

As I now have a workaround setup outside of Untangle, I likely would **not** buy wireguard if it were offered as a paid app to home users. They missed their opportunity to get more money from me I guess. And since I have almost 5 years left on my HomePro license, that could have been lucrative. Oh well.
    Last edited by JasonJoel; 11-02-2020 at 08:45 AM.
    donhwyo and theoak like this.

Untangler

At least until they break it I suppose you could run things as an lxc on Untangle.
    https://forums.untangle.com/hacks/43...tml#post246999
    Last edited by donhwyo; 11-02-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Master Untangler

Just my

I think it wouldn't be fair to offer Wireguard as a paid service / app. But I think they will do just that.
    Threat Prevention is another story. Untangle will offer this app for HomePro, price is a mistery (guessing $20-25)
    I'm also running Wireguard on unRAID server and wouldn't agree more with @JasonJoel comment.

any updates on Wireguard on home pro?

I also run it on Wireguard, but would like to run it on my firewall.

Master Untangler

I'd happily trade IPsec VPN for WireGuard on the HomePro license. WireGuard is more of a "Home" feature than IPsec is in my opinion.

I just want them to do something soon as my WireGuard demo is almost up and I really don't want to go back to OpenVPN as WireGuard is so much faster.
    wbennett77 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlficken View Post
    I just want them to do something soon as my WireGuard demo is almost up and I really don't want to go back to OpenVPN as WireGuard is so much faster.
    I'm in the same boat - had never tried wireguard before 16 came out, but now I'm hooked.

That said, I'm also very aware that wireguard is a linux feature, NOT an untangle feature, so I'm not about to pay stupid amounts of money for the 'privilege' of running it on my untangle box.
    donhwyo likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by klieber View Post
    I'm in the same boat - had never tried wireguard before 16 came out, but now I'm hooked.

That said, I'm also very aware that wireguard is a linux feature, NOT an untangle feature, so I'm not about to pay stupid amounts of money for the 'privilege' of running it on my untangle box.
    I won't pay $100/yr for it, however, they did have to create the interface which is the appeal to me as I'm only in charge of this stuff because nobody else will do it at work so I want it to be easy to use.

I really want WireGuard though so I'd pay a nominal fee per year for it at home since the interface is so nice and I'm not a Linux user.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345