Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    The text installer is a godsend, that thing enables so many more things to run Untangle. Honestly, I use it by default now. The graphical installer is nice, but it takes longer.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  2. #12
    Untangle Ninja
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    The text installer is a godsend, that thing enables so many more things to run Untangle. Honestly, I use it by default now. The graphical installer is nice, but it takes longer.
    I thought it might be quicker but was not noticeably quicker. Would have to start a timer to see. LOL

  3. #13
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    I thought it might be quicker but was not noticeably quicker. Would have to start a timer to see. LOL
    The graphical initialization step takes a bit on some platforms, for me it's just a matter of familiarity. I can tab / enter mash through a text Untangle install almost in my sleep these days. But yeah, it only saves a second or two in reality.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  4. #14
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I thought it was noticeably quicker. My system did an autoupdate to 16.0.1 and it crashed to an infinite reboot (auto updates turned off again). No issues and was super quick to install.

  5. #15
    Untangle Ninja
    WebFooL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden (Eskilstuna)
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    32bit systems will they get wireguard?

    I have one and it can not see it.
    It can see the license but not the application.

  6. #16
    Untangler jcoffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    9,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    32bit systems will they get wireguard?

    I have one and it can not see it.
    It can see the license but not the application.
    They should if not send me the UID.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  7. #17
    Untangle Ninja
    WebFooL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden (Eskilstuna)
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    We are reinstalling to x64..
    Huge amount of problems for them..

    They can not surf..
    Then if we disable a few apps they can..
    And then the cant again..

    Removed all portforwards etc and added nat rules but sill no go of any traffic over it..
    Except ICMP and if we create a bypass for 80/443 then surf works.

  8. #18
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    We are reinstalling to x64..
    Huge amount of problems for them..

    They can not surf..
    Then if we disable a few apps they can..
    And then the cant again..

    Removed all portforwards etc and added nat rules but sill no go of any traffic over it..
    Except ICMP and if we create a bypass for 80/443 then surf works.
    That sounds like a driver issue with the NICs, or perhaps a defective patch cable. If the thing has been sitting there for the ages required for a 32bit install to be reasonable...

    Well... you disturbed the dirt...
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  9. #19
    Untangle Ninja Jim.Alles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Well... you disturbed the dirt...
    like old plumbing.

  10. #20
    Untangle Ninja
    WebFooL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden (Eskilstuna)
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Running x64 now and working as it should.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2