Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NGFW v16.0.1 release available!

NGFW v16.0.1 is now available and is a major new release including WireGuard VPN and UEFI Installer.

You can read about the changes here:
    16.0.1 Changelog

The ISOs and OVAs can be downloaded here:
    untangle-16.0.1-amd64.iso
    untangle-16.0.1-amd64.ova

We no longer provide an image for USB since the ISO is bootable and can be written to a USB for a bootable USB installer.

Enjoy!

Notice: 32 bit installer has been EOL. Existing 32 bit systems will upgrade to this version. This is the last upgrade for 32 bit systems. Backups from 32 bit will restore on 64 bit installs.

When will the upgrade be available for me?
    Upgrades are rolled out over time to the existing servers. If you want the upgrade immediately, email your box UID to support and request adding your UID to the Early Upgrade List.

Does the upgrade require a reboot?
    The upgrade will reboot automatically at the end since a new kernel is included with this release.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Cool! Congrats for a great release!!!
    When will the usb image installer for untangle appliances be updated? Will it support uefi? Is it recommended to switch to uefi for untengle appliances?
    Last edited by Riven; 10-13-2020 at 03:27 AM.

Untangler

From the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    NGFW v16.0.1 is now available...

We no longer provide an image for USB

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Cool! Congrats for a great release!!!
    When will the usb image installer for untangle appliances be updated? Will it support uefi? Is it recommended to switch to uefi for untengle appliances?
    Burn the ISO to USB. There will be no USB image going forward as the ISO is boot capable. Like all the other posts I have made, since 16.0, NGFW supports UEFI. There is no reason to re-install as UEFI. It has been added only since newer boards do not have legacy mode.

Untangler

If I do a rebuild to UEFI, I assume the config can be restored or is it recommended to remove the current listed firewall from command centre and manually create a new config etc.

Then re-assign the license to the new build?

Awesome!

Looking at this:
    We no longer provide an image for USB since the ISO is bootable and can be written to a USB for a bootable USB installer.
    It seems kind of backwards to me. I get only wanting to maintain one option rather than two, but it seems like ISO is the old and busted (no one uses CD/DVD anymore) and IMG is the new hotness, and only offering ISO is a step in the wrong direction.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 15.1.0 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    Awesome!

Looking at this:

It seems kind of backwards to me. I get only wanting to maintain one option rather than two, but it seems like ISO is the old and busted (no one uses CD/DVD anymore) and IMG is the new hotness, and only offering ISO is a step in the wrong direction.
    Modern ISOs can be burned to an USB and are bootable. Welcome to the simpler future.
    hpaunet likes this.

Untangler

Burn the ISO to USB. There will be no USB image going forward as the ISO is boot capable. Like all the other posts I have made, since 16.0, NGFW supports UEFI. There is no reason to re-install as UEFI. It has been added only since newer boards do not have legacy mode.
    I was talking about the usb installer for the official untangle appliances: https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/USB_image_installer

The problem is, I have a z4plus happy with the install using the new iso in uefi mode, but my z6 don't like the same. It boots, install but when I reset the system, it says it can't boot from hard disk. Z6 is in uefi mode, maybe I'm doing somethign wrong, but the same is working on the z4 plus.

Another question. After testing a bit the z6, I installed in legacy mode so I an test wireguard while I decide if I can isntall it in uefi mode. The problem is the led panel doesn't show any info, only **. Is there any config in untangle to be able to use it again? Reinstalling the usb image installer for untangle appliances restores the led info panel, but it's version 15

I'm having some free time and I'm playing with the appliances
    Last edited by Riven; 10-13-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
    If I do a rebuild to UEFI, I assume the config can be restored or is it recommended to remove the current listed firewall from command centre and manually create a new config etc.

Then re-assign the license to the new build?
    Somebody PLEASE correct me (I hope I am wrong).
    on a rebuild, the config CANNOT be restored strictly from Command Center. It won't apply across UIDs.

It has always been possible locally on production versions - create your backup files on a local host/client.
    I have not tested restoring from a local file through the NGFW GUI initiated through Command Center and remote access, but I can't think of any reason that would not work if the network is up. Think that through for yourself.

There just isn't any way to retrieve the backup file from Command Center, that I am aware of.

You will need to use Command Center ACCOUNT drop-down to access "My Account", Subscriptions, Manage, then [Assign subscription to an appliance.]
    The "WARNING: Subscription will be unassigned from xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" indicates that it is a one-step process.

Then the old appliance instance can be removed from [Appliances] [Remove Appliance] from the main menu bar.
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 10-13-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Untangle Ninja

I installed release as a Proxmox vm with uefi. All went well except I had to choose non graphic install. No big deal. I imported my config from the RC no problem. Seems to be working well so far.

Thanks
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast