Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

But if you allow port forward rules to intercept the traffic when Untangle is considering it part of its own functionality, you create a situation where a block page returns another resource. That's bad... real bad.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Just got this from Untangle, WEEKS after everyone has already been screwed:
    Dear Valued Untangle Partners and Customers,

We have an important update regarding your NG Firewall configuration, which may require your attention regarding your port forwarding rules.

Ports 80 and 443 are now reserved on all IP Addresses, including aliases in NG Firewall 16. This means that port forwarding on TCP ports 80 and 443 are not functional unless the services are moved to alternate ports. Additional considerations regarding service ports are described in the Untangle knowledge base article What happens when I change my service ports?.

The Untangle Team

Untangle, Inc.
    25 Metro Drive
    Suite 210
    San Jose, CA 95110
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 11-12-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Untangle Ninja

A much better notice posted in the forums today:
    Quote Originally Posted by bcarmichael View Post
    In the version 16 release we made a change to ensure that the web administration could be accessible on alias IP addresses. On the surface it seemed trivial but due to the way it was implemented there was an adverse side affect that impacted port forwarding rules on 80 and 443. We did not discover this until very recently and unfortunately it was not noticed during beta testing. We will be correcting this behavior in the next release. Our sincere apologies if you may have been affected by this issue.
    Meanwhile our recommendation is to modify the service ports used by the web administration. Additional considerations regarding service ports are described in the Untangle knowledge base article What happens when I change my service ports?"
    I'm officially off the warpath about this.
    hpaunet likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345