Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangle Ninja

Regarding OpenVPN i can still provide a installer but the new management seams to have iy set on limiting outside code from the product.

Understand me correct the NSIS based installers was EOL and needed to be updated/upgraded so there was big investment in time to make it work.
    And as openvpn was moving over to MSI it was a great opportunity to faze it out.

But one of the "killer" thing with UT was the installer and the wqy you could set up and distribute huge amout of clients in a few button clicks.
    My suggestion would have been to add "code signing" oid to the internal CA and have untangle sign the installers (adding value to ssl inspector).

If UT staff want I am open to discussing as i always have been but sadly the new management seams more introverted and don't want this product to be what i once thought it would become.

Feeling that I am starting to rant but everything with a forced uppgrade and the lack of responses on all my ipsec problems is insane.

But I need to be inline with the guide lines so

All well, all good, me happy happy.

Ps if ppl here want a UT msi for openvpn and the root cert let me know and I will provide you with what you need.

Feeling that this might be one of my last post here so email might be the best way to get hold on me.

Over and out.

I think that in the very near future OpenVPN will be replaced by wireguard, I don't know if yout effort makes sense
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Yeah I'm not concerned about the OpenVPN at all, that'd be a whole different thread. It's the dozens and dozens of Untangle deployments out there with SSL Inspector. I can probably figure out the installer that Rob posted a link to, appreciate the offer WebFool...just...too many different Untangle installs out there for us, and constantly needing a new installer.

Like you said WebFool..."But one of the "killer" thing with UT was the installer and the wqy you could set up and distribute huge amount of clients in a few button clicks."

We have a few education clients...schools...with so many BYODs...it will be pretty much an impossible feat to use the SSL inspector now. Because of the now difficult approach to install it.
    JoergChm likes this.
    Resident "Geek on a Harley" in Southeast Connecticut, USA.

SSL Inspection or HTTPS Inspection breaks SSL encrypted internet communication between the client and the server.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    I think that in the very near future OpenVPN will be replaced by wireguard, I don't know if yout effort makes sense
    Unless OpenVPN gets performance level on par with WireGuard I will see it the same way I did PPTP, on the rearview mirror.

Regarding the installer, the new MSI installer will definitely help on some scenarios.

Untangle Ninja

For those who still want a RootCA installer I did what I can:
    https://github.com/WebFooL-se/FWRootCAInstaller

It uses Microsoft IExpress so everybody should be able to create there own EXE-file.
    So no need to buy Advanced Installer or other tools.

If you are set on getting a msi/msix file you can look at Microsofts MSIX.

Let me know if the readme need more info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12