Master Untangler

Default No local management how

How can I set up the system so no one local can log in? Meaning I can change the admin username and password so no one local knows this. And can you log in to the ui to manage it remotely as a remote user will know this admin/password log in info?

Ok. Try to be clear.
    I want to be able to have a remote user manage the system. I donít want anyone local being able to.
    Will I be able to do this?
    Iím concerned that being the system is mine and I have an account with untangle then I could have access to manage it from local.
    Or would I have to have my partner buy it having his own untangle account and making the remote manage available to himself?

Untangle Ninja

Use the Restrict admin to specific subnet?
    https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Admin

And/or use command center to remote manage the unit.

Master Untangler

Ok so itís possible. Great. I was thinking the Command Center. But wouldnít I be able to still since itís my account? Or could I like transfer my account to him?

Restrict admin subnet set to 127.0.0.1?

Then use Command Center?

Goodness this idea terrifies me, if you muck it up... you can't even get in on the local console!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Yes. I know I can create users etc. But Iíd still have access to the ui. I mean I already have an Untangle account.

So could I transfer mine to my colleague so then he has full authority and I donít?

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
    Or would I have to have my partner buy it having his own untangle account and making the remote manage available to himself?
    That's what I would do, or something similar. Transfer the hardware to your partner and let your partner set up his own Untangle account. It's hard to imagine a natural mechanism (even if I understood the logic) for having an Untangle account under your name but not having control of the software on that account. The account exists for no other reason.

Master Untangler

Ok thanks.
    How would I transfer it to my friend?

I donít want anyone local be able to disable the web filter. My friend is going to help with managing the box remotely and no one local should be allowed to disable web filter.

But I need to get a good WiFi access point to use with Untangle.

Anyway.

Master Untangler

WebFool provided a link so that you could invite and assign your friend permissions to your Untangle. Your friend should be able to administer Untangle within the Command Center from there. But if you really want to transfer, and loose full administration to your own Untangle, I believe you'd transfer the UID instead.

What is a UID
    https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-u...What-is-a-UID-

Transfer UID
    https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-u...unt-to-Another
    Sam Graf likes this.