Default 16.0.1 upgrade broke existing tags and OpenVPN

So with the jump from 15.1.2 to 16.0.1, all my tagged devices and rules have stopped functioning, unless I go back to each and every tag on each device/host and delete then re-tag it.

Also, OpenVPN between the two versions does not seem to pass traffic (although it connects) and rebuilding the client file does not fix it. I've switched to IPSEC temporarily but it's not ideal for less reliable connections, like customers on WISPs.
    Last edited by thecomputerdude; 10-25-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    Jason Russell
    Xtremission LLC

Quote Originally Posted by thecomputerdude View Post
    So with the jump from 15.1.2 to 16.0.1, all my tagged devices and rules have stopped functioning, unless I go back to each and every tag on each device/host and delete then re-tag it.
    Most likely the reboot at the end of the upgrade caused sessions to restart before the UVM was running to mark the sessions with the tags. I would check if the sessions are persistent or if new sessions are tagged correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by thecomputerdude View Post
    Also, OpenVPN between the two versions does not seem to pass traffic (although it connects) and rebuilding the client file does not fix it. I've switched to IPSEC temporarily but it's not ideal for less reliable connections, like customers on WISPs.
    I would open a support ticket for this issue.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com