Default Untangle on HyperV not able to connect to wan

I've installed NGFW v16.01 on a windows machine running microsoft HyperV and am able to get it to connect to the WAN using DHCP as the connection method but when I go and try to use it as my main router ie. using PPPoe with an 802.1q tagged interface it fails to connect for some reason. Please also note that the exact same settings work on a native install on the machine itself as opposed to virtualised. Is there something about getting pppoe with 802.1q tagging to work that I'm missing. Does anyone have experience with the same setup?

I was able to solve this and am posting for anyone who gets stuck on the same thing in future. Unfortunately when using Hyper-V you must not create a tagged interface using the button shown on the screenshot below.
    Untitled.png
    Rather than do that you need to enable virtual lan identification within the settings for the network adapter you have created to attack to the WAN side(See below):
    Untitled.png
    If you look at the screen shot above as an example, to tag my wan side's traffic, checked the box that says enable Virtual lan identification and added the number 10 in the textbox which tags all traffic for vlan10.
    Hope this helps and for any further queries on this please feel free to pm me.

***post edited for clarity and better screenshot***
    Last edited by selection989; 11-04-2020 at 02:02 AM.