Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default NG Firewall 16.1.1 is now available

Hi everyone,

NG Firewall 16.1.1 is now available on Command Center for download and automatic upgrades will start over the next few days. 16.1.1 is our release 16.1 version, following on from our release candidate posted on October 29.

NG Firewall 16.1.1 includes
    • WireGuard for cloud deployments; the new WireGuard app was made available in version 16.0.1 but did not include AWS and Azure deployments. WireGuard is now available for AWS and Azure too.
    • Kernel update; as always in order to ensure we have all kernel improvements and robust security at the Operating System level, we keep our kernel up to date. This release includes a kernel update to 4.19.0-11. This is a minor kernel update and is not of the scale of our Debian Buster update earlier this year.

Downloads are available as iso and ova images through Command Center, and here:
    ngfw-untangle-16.1.0-amd64.iso
    ngfw-untangle-16.1.0-amd64.ova

Please see also
    NG Firewall 16.1 - 16.1.1 changelog

Automatic upgrades will start to pick up this release over the next days / weeks as per our usual rollout process. If you would like the upgrade sooner, please email your box UID to support@untangle.com and request your appliance gets priority.
    Heather P
    Untangle Product Team

Untangler

Default What?

From the change log. "WireGuard installation from localhost is not available with the ISO image. Workaround is not not use the local interface for installation." Don't understand that.

Thanks

Using the browser on the UT console when the WAN is DHCP.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I did 2 appliances that had 16.0.1 and they both updated to 16.1.1 no problem.

My home system is still at 15.2 and doesn't see 16.0.1 yet. So... \_(ツ)_/
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.4.1 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Untangler

It looks like I'm on 16.1.1.

I got a message from Untangle today:
    We have an important update regarding your NG Firewall configuration, which may require your attention regarding your port forwarding rules.

Ports 80 and 443 are now reserved on all IP Addresses, including aliases in NG Firewall 16. This means that port forwarding on TCP ports 80 and 443 are not functional unless the services are moved to alternate ports. Additional considerations regarding service ports are described in the Untangle knowledge base article What happens when I change my service ports?.

But it looks like my port forwarding on the external interface is still working?

Also, I have a second appliance that's on 16.0.1 that Untangle says there is no update for?

DJR

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Using the browser on the UT console when the WAN is DHCP.
    So the workaround is to log in from the WAN and then can make change? Had trouble with Wireguard not wanting to install when logged in from the LAN IP. Did work after a second attempt though. Does doing this from the physical keyboard, mouse and monitor (Console) work?

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    My home system is still at 15.2 and doesn't see 16.0.1 yet. So... \_(ツ)_/
    There is no 15.2 so you might be running something else 16.0.1 is available to everyone. 16.1.1 is in the process of rolling out.

I'm not at home right now, but I think I meant 15.1.2... whichever the in-between release was to prep for the new kernel in 16. I know as of this morning it didn't show 16 available yet to upgrade.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.4.1 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    I'm not at home right now, but I think I meant 15.1.2... whichever the in-between release was to prep for the new kernel in 16. I know as of this morning it didn't show 16 available yet to upgrade.
    Open a support ticket. There is something wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast