Untangle Ninja

Default Reports app date/time never updates while it's open

Has anyone else noticed that if you go into the Reports, as long as you have the window open it never updates the current date and time for calculating the report duration?

What I mean is that if you go into Reports at 8:00am and select a "Last Hour" report or graph, you'll get data from 7:00am to 8:00am as expected. If you come back a few hours later at 11:00am, and select a new report for the Last Hour again, you'll get data for 4 hours from 7:00am to 11:00am. It never updates it's internal starting point for calculating the report duration.

This goes on for as long as "Reports" is open, and I've had cases where I'd left Reports open overnight and then got really confusing graphs before I realized what was happening... like "let's see if the WAN is more reliable this morning after the ISP claims they fixed it yesterday... oh no, the WAN Failover outage graph still shows a ton of outages... wait, those all look familiar, those are from yesterday, but I asked for a Last 6-hour graph????"

I don't suppose it's a big deal, the work-around is to close Reports then open it again... but I assume this is not intended behavior.
    soldier likes this.

Untangle Ninja

you can see an example of this here: https://forums.untangle.com/ng-firew...tml#post247434
    the graph in that post was generated as a "Last Hour" graph, but I'd already been sitting in Reports for almost an hour, so the graph covers nearly two hours. In this particular case it was convenient, the roughly 1:50 range showed pretty much what I wanted.

Welcome to the browser cache.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

srj

Yes I noticed this as well when looking at the Network reports - specifically looking at the data volume by interface graphs - i found if i changed the timeframe and then changed it back it seemed to correct the problem. I may have actually had to change to different report and then back again - but pretty sure i didnít have to exit the app to get things to reset.