Untangler

Default Important info regarding HTTP and HTTPS Port Forwarding in NG Firewall version 16

In the version 16 release we made a change to ensure that the web administration could be accessible on alias IP addresses. On the surface it seemed trivial but due to the way it was implemented there was an adverse side affect that impacted port forwarding rules on 80 and 443. We did not discover this until very recently and unfortunately it was not noticed during beta testing. We will be correcting this behavior in the next release. Our sincere apologies if you may have been affected by this issue.
    Meanwhile our recommendation is to modify the service ports used by the web administration. Additional considerations regarding service ports are described in the Untangle knowledge base article What happens when I change my service ports?"

Untangle Ninja

Thank you very much for this information.
    CMcNaughton likes this.

Untangle Ninja

ok, well this notice I actually appreciate: we changed something we thought was minor, we missed the real impact, we're sorry, and we're going to fix it.

That's a LOT better than the several weeks-late email you guys sent out today, which honestly made me more annoyed than anything.

Thanks bcarmichael. (like actual non-sarcastic for real thanks)

Jira link?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Untangler

Guess they didn't like the jira link above. I have a screen shot if anybody wants to see it. lol