Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Good to know I will be able to continue to renew my home pro licence and retain those features/apps included today.

I'd be even happier if someone from untangle confirmed that.

Is this replacing the NG Firewall HomePro license? Or is this a new product?

NG Firewall HomePro is still purchasable. I'd, personally, prefer to keep my current product license as the features it has/doesn't seems perfect for me with the amount of stuff and projects I have in my homelab.

Can anyone from Untangle confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Everyone here needs to take a step back and realize something...

If you have HomePro... NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
    And how does one "renew" this (now legacy) subscription at last year's price, exactly?

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Everyone here needs to take a step back and realize something...

If you have HomePro... NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
    Of course. You don't need to yell.

But the home offering has changed meaningfully for new subscriptions. That includes for current subscription holders. If I'd like to add a home location, a vacation home or something, I am impacted.

Untanglit

Is there a way to upgrade from home pro to pro plus?? I renewed 2 months ago would hate to have to pay $150 instead of $100

Quote Originally Posted by mark@mark-martin.com View Post
    And how does one "renew" this (now legacy) subscription at last year's price, exactly?
    The same way you always do? By logging into your Untangle account, managing your subscriptions, and clicking the renew now button or enabling the autorenew feature.

If you're "renewing" by purchasing a new subscription and applying it to your box every year you're doing it wrong.
    hpaunet likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    Of course. You don't need to yell.

But the home offering has changed meaningfully for new subscriptions. That includes for current subscription holders. If I'd like to add a home location, a vacation home or something, I am impacted.
    That's been true of all subscriptions Untangle has ever adjusted since the beginning of the company. Know what isn't so normal? Untangle letting you keep that now outdated subscription. I have to jump through hoops because I have clients all over the place using legacy subscriptions you can't buy anymore, but you can endlessly renew.

So yeah, if you want a new subscription you have to buy the new product at the new rules. That's the way this program has always worked, so I'm not sure why this is a surprise? Or perhaps it isn't and you just wanted the old product to be around forever?
    tcurtis and pprior like this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangler

Home Pro users can continue with their subscriptions. We have not set a date to EOL Home Pro. We will be doing an EOL for the very very old, Home Complete packages, which is a couple of versions back. So if you like your Home Pro subscription, it will still renew.

Home Protect is a reset to us. We spent a lot of time on feedback.untangle.com reaching out personally, and running surveys and asking for how our partners would prefer us to make more apps available. Home Protect is not intended to try and be Home Pro at all. It's a step back to review what our home users are really looking for. The two packages are based on feedback that fits the majority cases. Of course, we'll never nail it so that everyone has exactly what they need, but we've been listening and Home Protect is entirely based on customer feedback.
    Last edited by hpaunet; 11-25-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    Heather P
    Untangle Product Team

Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    Is this replacing the NG Firewall HomePro license? Or is this a new product?

NG Firewall HomePro is still purchasable. I'd, personally, prefer to keep my current product license as the features it has/doesn't seems perfect for me with the amount of stuff and projects I have in my homelab.

Can anyone from Untangle confirm?
    They will likely confirm this, but given Untangle's history and my long standing status as an Untangle Gold Partner. I can tell you with near certainty these are new subscriptions. You can renew your existing HomePro subscription, but as of today you can no longer buy another one.

Again, check your Untangle.com store account and manage your existing subscriptions. Turn on auto-renew if you're worried. Untangle has never in their history forcibly removed a subscription from an account for anything other than license violations.
    pprior likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMiguel View Post
    Is there a way to upgrade from home pro to pro plus?? I renewed 2 months ago would hate to have to pay $150 instead of $100
    Yes, there is an upgrade path! https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-u...a-subscription

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast