Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hpaunet View Post
    Home Pro users can continue with their subscriptions. We have not set a date to EOL Home Pro. We will be doing an EOL for the very very old, Home Complete packages, which is a couple of versions back. So if you like your Home Pro subscription, it will still renew.
    Thank you for that additional clarification. That adds valuable insight for some of us for future planning.

Home Pro users can continue with their subscriptions. We have not set a date to EOL Home Pro. We will be doing an EOL for the very very old, Home Complete packages, which is a couple of versions back. So if you like your Home Pro subscription, it will still renew.

Home Pro is a reset to us. We spent a lot of time on feedback.untangle.com reaching out personally, and running surveys and asking for how our partners would prefer us to make more apps available. Home Pro is not intended to try and be Home Pro at all. It's a step back to review what our home users are really looking for. The two packages are based on feedback that fits the majority cases. Of course, we'll never nail it so that everyone has exactly what they need, but we've been listening and Home Protect is entirely based on customer feedback.
    Thank you for clarifying. Sorry you guys are dealing with people like me who get easily excited. I appreciate the community outreach.

I will definitely be continuing to renew my HomePro license. Appreciate you and your team.
    hpaunet and pprior like this.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    That's been true of all subscriptions Untangle has ever adjusted since the beginning of the company.

So yeah, if you want a new subscription you have to buy the new product at the new rules. That's the way this program has always worked, so I'm not sure why this is a surprise? Or perhaps it isn't and you just wanted the old product to be around forever?
    How about a product that isn't radically different from the previous offering through the removal of features?

There is no point in me feeding the troll here. I'm done. I know that my ride with the home subscription is all but over. If I'm supposed to just go quietly into that night, then fine. But that doesn't change my option one bit, your sarcasm not withstanding.

Untangler

Home Pro is a reset to us. We spent a lot of time on feedback.untangle.com reaching out personally, and running surveys and asking for how our partners would prefer us to make more apps available. Home Pro is not intended to try and be Home Pro at all. It's a step back to review what our home users are really looking for. The two packages are based on feedback that fits the majority cases. Of course, we'll never nail it so that everyone has exactly what they need, but we've been listening and Home Protect is entirely based on customer feedback.
    Thanks for confirming.

Master Untangler

Great offering. I feel $100 a year would have been the right price point, but otherwise it was a smart move especially as more people are working from home.

Master Untangler

I switched to "Complete" before this because I wanted this apps and they told me nogo for home. Feeling completely ripped off now!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manilx View Post
    I switched to "Complete" before this because I wanted this apps and they told me nogo for home. Feeling completely ripped off now!!!!!!!
    Contact sales, they'll have something up their sleeves. If they don't, they'll probably come up with something.

That's one bit about Untangle that keeps me hanging around, they're just small enough to actually be reasonable about such things.
    hpaunet likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by manilx View Post
    I would email sales.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    How about a product that isn't radically different from the previous offering through the removal of features?

There is no point in me feeding the troll here. I'm done. I know that my ride with the home subscription is all but over. If I'm supposed to just go quietly into that night, then fine. But that doesn't change my option one bit, your sarcasm not withstanding.
    The troll? Self entitled much? (Though if you still have one of the Home "Complete" subs that wasn't actually "Complete", I'd agree with you)

$150 / year for all the features that come with NG Firewall Complete except support. Which I might add costs $2700 a year...

To do a more direct price comparison, Home Protect Plus with Live Support is $366 / year for 150 devices of coverage. I'm sorry home users only have to pay 13.6% of what businesses have to pay for the same features... That's such a terrible deal!

Sensei for OPNSense's Home plan is quite comparable, it's $100 / year for 100 devices, of very similar functionality.

But $1 / year / device seems to be a rather low price for all these tools to me. But to each their own I guess.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 11-19-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Bollar likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    The troll? Self entitled much? (Though if you still have one of the Home "Complete" subs that wasn't actually "Complete", I'd agree with you)

$150 / year for all the features that come with NG Firewall Complete except support. Which I might add costs $2700 a year...

But to each their own I guess.
    I'm not entitled and you can be a troll. You're not above criticism any more than I am.

I am one of the legacy home license people. I was given no chance to move to HomePro.

Compare the current free product (which presumably will change soon enough) to the Home Protect Basic. I didn't ask for new features because I'm not entitled, just reasonable retention of the existing ones.

Yes, to each their own.
    ncksh likes this.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast