Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Well now... this is a thing.

How long do you think it'll be before the fires start when people realize the new home bundles are device limited?

Also, not digging the new purchase configurator, but it's growing on me.

This is a good offering, too bad I can't resell it!
    Device limited? Are you saying the new subscriptions are device limited? I just cancelled homepro to get the better plan with THREAT PREVENTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    I'm not entitled and you can be a troll. You're not above criticism any more than I am.

I am one of the legacy home license people. I was given no chance to move to HomePro.

Compare the current free product (which presumably will change soon enough) to the Home Protect Basic. I didn't ask for new features because I'm not entitled, just reasonable retention of the existing ones.

Yes, to each their own.
    I don't expect the free bits to change... that would upset the entire ecosystem.

If Untangle abandons the platform itself, most of everyone here myself included would simply abandon the product for OPNSense with Sensei or something similar.

I know Untangle is going a bit more corporate with their thinking than a few of us are comfortable with, but I think even they are wise enough to know that's a bridge too far. It's not like they exist in a magic vacuum without competition.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by leeds View Post
    Device limited? Are you saying the new subscriptions are device limited? I just cancelled homepro to get the better plan with THREAT PREVENTION.
    Did you not read the new license? Home Protect Plus is limited to 150 devices, it's no longer device unlimited. Still though, 150 devices being actively filtered is a TON. If you've got more than that you've got the budget to use a proper switching and wireless stack that can put classes of devices into appropriate VLANs for bypassing. Bypassed devices do not consume licenses, you can have as many of those as you want.
    hpaunet likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    I'm not entitled and you can be a troll. You're not above criticism any more than I am.

I am one of the legacy home license people. I was given no chance to move to HomePro.

Compare the current free product (which presumably will change soon enough) to the Home Protect Basic. I didn't ask for new features because I'm not entitled, just reasonable retention of the existing ones.

Yes, to each their own.
    Yes - Iím currently on and happy with the 5 dollar a month plan for home complete. - what does itís EOL status that you mentioned mean for me? Am I going to be forcibly removed from it?

Agree my smart home has about 80 devices and max of 75 active at any given time. I should be good for a while. I was actually paying for non-profit for a while to get all the features.

I am happy to work within 150 which I would imagine could increase as IOT does.

Where is the limit listed? I don’t see it on my receipt.

Found it, it’s on compare page. Still fair price.
    hpaunet likes this.

As a home user I am grateful that untangle is offering their product to us at all. I feel some of us home users need to keep that in prospective. Its a PITA dealing with us, IOT devices etc... this product is meant for a business environment. Untangle gets little to nothing out of helping secure our homes.
    hpaunet and Brutos like this.

Untanglit

It’s a small revenue stream and a large outspoken advocate base. They get a lot - but abusing it would have the opposite effect.

https://www.untangle.com/solutions/untangle-at-home/

Scroll down to "Compare", it's the top most row in the table.

Also, don't forget you can bypass stuff. So if you're heavy into the IoT thing again I recommend you put that stuff on its own VLAN so you can bypass if necessary. We're all playing that game. At least Untangle gives you a bypass! Their competition often simply doesn't have that functionality, so you wind up stuck buying a bigger license.
    hpaunet likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast