Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Got it, thanks.

BTW my current system is Unifi- UDM, PoE switch, AP’s and a tagged VLAN ( also on its own SSID). Shows 25 clients right now. I keep a backup system available as we WFH, it counts the Unifi components as devices, so I’m still under 30.

If UT basically counts the same way I’m ok. But if not, that’s what I was trying to find out. And as I don’t have spare hardware, it would cost $ and time just to evaluate UT.

BTW- is it true that IoT devices that are only on a VLAN do not count against the limit?

Thanks!

Master Untangler

I'm just going to switch back to OpenVPN at home as while WireGuard is great it's not $100/yr great and I really don't care if I have Threat Prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by SHV_30067 View Post
    Got it, thanks.

BTW my current system is Unifi- UDM, PoE switch, AP’s and a tagged VLAN ( also on its own SSID). Shows 25 clients right now. I keep a backup system available as we WFH, it counts the Unifi components as devices, so I’m still under 30.

If UT basically counts the same way I’m ok. But if not, that’s what I was trying to find out. And as I don’t have spare hardware, it would cost $ and time just to evaluate UT.

BTW- is it true that IoT devices that are only on a VLAN do not count against the limit?

Thanks!
    All devices that transit Untangle need a license, unless they are bypassed. That's a specific function within Untangle where you can flag traffic to not be scanned by the layer 7 stuff, but it still gets handled by the Linux kernel, so it gets NAT'd routed, etc. It just never sees any of the apps in Untangle.

TLDR, thanks to bypass what needs a license and what doesn't is 100% configurable.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 11-20-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by jlficken View Post
    @csherman

I get then when I try to Upgrade my 5-year Home Pro license?

"One or more of the selected products cannot be upgraded any further."
    I recommend you reach out to sales to help you with the upgrade in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by jlficken View Post
    I get then when I try to Upgrade my 5-year Home Pro license?

"One or more of the selected products cannot be upgraded any further."
    5 year option has been removed from all packages.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Can i upgrade my HomePro License , it doesnt expire to next year but i would like the wireguard fnctionality can i not do something to convert that?

Quote Originally Posted by cappilio View Post
    Can i upgrade my HomePro License , it doesnt expire to next year but i would like the wireguard fnctionality can i not do something to convert that?
    Yes contact sales
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    5 year option has been removed from all packages.
    Glad I just did a 5 year renewal on my Home Pro license a month or two ago then.

Master Untangler

Honestly, $150 for protect plus is not bad with WireGuard and threat prevention included. I know people are not happy with the device limitations but 150 devices is a lot for a home environment. It’s the people that abused it before, by lying and using it for business purposes. That is why it’s happening now. There’s always others that spoil it for the rest of us but I understand why they’re doing it. It is a business that needs to be profitable.

I’m in sales myself and always love it when customers want everything for dirt cheap, so you make nothing and they make everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJoel View Post
    Glad I just did a 5 year renewal on my Home Pro license a month or two ago then.
    You can renew any 5 year sub, you just cant upgrade it or change it.

But yes Untangle dropped all of the 5 year subs this month, there are no more NEW subs sold at that level. Even on a commercial level. Existing subs can be renewed as long as you renew them.

It seems the original Home sub is the exception to that... but that has nothing to do with HomePro.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast