Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Black Friday/Cyber Monday Discount?

Google search reveals 20% discount codes in years past and before I upgrade to the new $150 home license I'm checking to see if anyone knows of a discount. Huge increase in cost having only been on the product for 2 months.

If anyone knows of a discount/promo code I would really appreciate the assistance!

Thank you

He wants a discount on a product that's already ~87% off.
    CMcNaughton, Bollar and hpaunet like this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Umm... Are you upgrading from HomePro? Presumably to get WireGuard and Threat Prevention? It's your money so that's cool if you are, but just checking that you know you don't need to upgrade to keep what you've got going (until such time as Untangle decide otherwise).

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    No, I'm asking if they are offering discounts for the holiday, like years past, as the price just tripled for some of the features that I am utilizing like wan balancer/failover and considering like threat prevention. Are you one of those regulars that runs off the new users? I'm considering one of their appliances as my installation is currently running on a SuperMicro D-1541, 128gb m2 which is overkill for home use. I didn't waste customer service time, I posted on a free forum.
    Sam Graf, pprior and muok like this.

Untanglit

Armshouse I appreciate your response and you are correct I was concerned about price increase to maintain access to some of the features that I am using. No need for WireGuard and I haven't read compelling benefit of threat prevention in a home installation. Reported issues with SSL inspector in a home environment make the virus blocker of questionable benefit for my needs.

Thank you and have a nice evening.

Untangle Ninja

Price increases are fine. Tripling the price to keep identical functionality--for those with no interest in the two new apps--isn't just an ordinary demand-driven price increase.

That said, for me this is no big deal. I've seen countless inscrutable things in the tech world over the years, stuff done by big players. Like, I was there when somebody thought it was a good idea to sell what was left of Atari to Jack Tramiel, of all people. And man, I really did love OS/2...

I've said my piece about price increases and price discounts and new features and existing features and EOLing licenses and whatever else. I got along without a licensed Untangle at home before the original license was graciously offered, and I'll get along without it again. The chief benefit of all this to me is that now that I know what to look for, I can skip saying anything at all if Untangle start to do similar things with their commercial licenses and go straight to whatever's next.

But price increases in themselves, reasonable price increases? No problem. I get it.
    drmilo likes this.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    This forum is getting a bit too snarky for my liking. It's a reasonable question and honestly why was this even posted?

As my momma used to say, If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
    Sam Graf, soldier, drmilo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pprior View Post
    This forum is getting a bit too snarky for my liking. It's a reasonable question and honestly why was this even posted?

As my momma used to say, If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
    That was "nice". In the interest of disclosure I'd disclose the unfiltered version, but it contains ideas and language that aren't fit for civilized thought, much less expression in a public forum.

Also, *I* am not this forum. Though I suppose with my post count, and as many people as I help around here that's a fair assumption to make. Something for me to think about, while I grapple with the internal forces asking me why I bother to even try.
    tcurtis and sperman like this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Sky-knight, your posts are always quick, helpful, informative, and often entertaining.

Thank you for all your contributions!

Quote Originally Posted by tcurtis View Post
    Sky-knight, your posts are always quick, helpful, informative, and often entertaining.

Thank you for all your contributions!
    Well I feel exactly the opposite. Sick of the resellers/representatives that are always defending untangle because they have monetary interest and are not real home users. I understand they are important for untangle as a company, but I'm sick of arguing with people that are defending untangle when untangle as a company does not answer to their user base.
    drmilo and muok like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast