Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Untangler

Open a support ticket by clicking on the help button on the right of this page.

Quote Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
    So is there any information as to what is the latest release that everybody should be on? FWIW I'm on 15.1 and it always shows that no upgrade is available.

While I'm not in a hurry to upgrade for the sake of upgrading, it would be nice to know that I'm not left behind due to some snafu. I understand that there was a problem with upgrading certain releases, but IIRC that symptom was different, that is the upgrade would show as available, but something with the download or install didn't work.
    16.1.1 is the most recently available public release everyone no matter what can get. If you've got a unit stuck on v15.1, then I'm left to assume you've got the bad v15.1 build that won't upgrade. It seems some of the z4s are shipping with it, based on the threads around here...

The only way I know to fix that issue yourself is to reinstall the unit. Untangle support can do something to fix it as well, but as of yet they haven't publicly disclosed what needs done.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Not just z4s. My home system got stuck somewhere back near that level, and support had to "unstick" it so the upgrade would show. They did it once, and it upgraded fine-- I believe to 16.0. But the next release was missing again. They fixed it for me again to get to 16.1, and now that system made the 16.2 jump with no outside help. Both times they got me moving without a re-install.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Hi there

I have multiple public IPs that will be used on devices behind Untangle and would like to use the FW capabilities on Untangle to control incoming and outgoing traffic for these servers.

I have configured the NAT and Port Forward rules and everything is working. However, because we have multiple servers hosting Plesk licenses, the license key does not register as it sees the servers public IP as the firewall.

Is there a way for showing a particular servers OUTBOUND, public IP differently? to the firewalls?

Quote Originally Posted by ZamirRhemtulla View Post
    Is there a way for showing a particular servers OUTBOUND, public IP differently? to the firewalls?
    You are looking for 1:1 NAT. There is a wiki page for configuring this. All the IPs are added to aliases in the WAN, then configure the port forwards with matching NAT rules.

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/1:1_NAT
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZamirRhemtulla View Post
    A JCoffin linked, what you're after are NAT Rules. They control what public address internal devices translate to when they go online. Just the inverse of Port Forward rules, which control what private address public requests translate to.

But a word of caution... NAT Rules do exactly what you tell them to do.

Let me say that again... they do EXACTLY what you tell them to do!

Be precise... as specific as you possibly can be. If you aren't... those rules can over match and cause some really hard to troubleshoot insanity in your day! In the name of the hair left on your head! Please, be careful.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    16.1.1 is the most recently available public release everyone no matter what can get. If you've got a unit stuck on v15.1, then I'm left to assume you've got the bad v15.1 build that won't upgrade. It seems some of the z4s are shipping with it, based on the threads around here...

The only way I know to fix that issue yourself is to reinstall the unit. Untangle support can do something to fix it as well, but as of yet they haven't publicly disclosed what needs done.
    Thanks Rob, it sounds like I indeed have a problem and need to do something about the upgrade eventually.

BTW I looked at https://www.untangle.com/cmd/download/ng-firewall to download 16.1.1, but it seems that they only have 16.2 available for download. Is there a way to get downloads of older versions? If not, I'll probably just wait a couple of weeks and then install 16.2 manually.

Quote Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
    BTW I looked at https://www.untangle.com/cmd/download/ng-firewall to download 16.1.1, but it seems that they only have 16.2 available for download. Is there a way to get downloads of older versions?
    https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...wall_Downloads
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Thanks so much. May I humbly suggest that you put this link on the bottom of the main website. I can understand that you want folks to only get the latest version, in my case I actually HAD to install an older version, since 16.2 refused to read my configuration file from 15.1.

In the end I installed 16.0.1, restored my configuration file successfully and then immediately was offered an upgrade. That upgrade turned out to be 16.2 afterwards. When Untangle tells you that an upgrade is available, it doesn't tell you the version, which would be another nice thing to have.

Untangler

Checked my Untangle this morning and an update was there waiting for me.

I'm now on: 16.2.0.20201222T155603.0217896f9c-1buster

Upgrade went through without any problems

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast