Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Default NG Firewall 16.2 is now available

Hi all, John already posted that 16.2 rollouts will be starting today, but I'd like to ensure folk don't miss the milestone.

NG Firewall 16.2 is now the latest release, and automatic updates are starting today. Version 16.2 is also available for download on Command Center.

NG Firewall 16.2 brings the ability to set up a RADIUS proxy server with NG Firewall, and use WPA-2 Enterprise for network authentication. Minor updates and fixes are also included in this release.

Version 16.2 is available for download on Command Center, and it has started to roll out to our customers with automatic updates turned on.

For more information
    16.2 Changelog
    RADIUS Proxy documentation
    Download NG Firewall ISO and OVA 16.2 images from Command Center

Thanks for the feedback and support from those that installed our release candidate.
    Heather P
    Untangle Product Team

Untangler

Just a heads up guys,

In the Command Center download area the SD-WAN Router and Other Downloads categories are swapped round. Needs sorting
    CMcNaughton and hpaunet like this.

Untangle Ninja

Is there a plan for adding Client Certificate Authentication to the Radius Proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by jim1985 View Post
    Just a heads up guys,

In the Command Center download area the SD-WAN Router and Other Downloads categories are swapped round. Needs sorting
    Thanks, Jim - just saw this myself/will pass it along.
    jim1985 likes this.

Master Untangler

Any news when the manual update will be available? I turned off auto-updates a few months ago. Also it would be nice if we could just download the update and upload it to our device manually. Any particular reason that feature was never added?

As always, if you want the update now, email your UID to support to be added the priority list. It's currently rolling out in stages.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I just upgraded from 14 through to 15.1.2 (community edition, no subscription). It's showing that there are no further upgrades available.
    I had assumed it would go to 16.0.1 before 16.2, or are all 16.x deprecated now that 16.2 is out?

No, that's another issue because of some bad builds that happened in the v15 series.

Sadly it's one of those things that only support can fix, they've never revealed what they were doing to get updates going again.

V15.1 backups can be restored into v16.0 though. So you could always install the older release, restore your backup, and upgrade from there.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by clilush View Post
    I just upgraded from 14 through to 15.1.2 (community edition, no subscription). It's showing that there are no further upgrades available.
    I had assumed it would go to 16.0.1 before 16.2, or are all 16.x deprecated now that 16.2 is out?
    PM me your UID and turn support on in Config -> System -> Support
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    No, that's another issue because of some bad builds that happened in the v15 series.

Sadly it's one of those things that only support can fix, they've never revealed what they were doing to get updates going again.

V15.1 backups can be restored into v16.0 though. So you could always install the older release, restore your backup, and upgrade from there.
    I am currently on build 15.1.0.20200826T124051.636f288233-1buster (with automatic upgrades disabled) and Untangle tells me that no upgrade is available. Is there a later build that should be offered to everyone by now or is 16.0 / 16.1 still on a phased rollout?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast