Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NG Firewall Home Basic Apps Missing

I need some help here

I am long time home pro user in home and Business user in work.

Yesterday i bought a new home basic license for a friend of myne in my account and i installed it successfully but the Wan Balancer and Wan failover are extra apps now in home basic? and wireguard also(i dont really care for wireguard but i want failover for sure in his installation) ? when this happened?

When i bought it, it didn't show anywhere that this basic all this years apps, will be missing. I only knew that thread prevention is missing which is fine.. what i miss here?
    Last edited by bluechris; 02-10-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Untangle Ninja

Hi Bluechris,

Start with reading https://www.untangle.com/solutions/untangle-at-home/
    They have added a tier to the Home License for some of the more "advanced" modules.
    So if you want WAN balancer and Failover you need Home Protect Plus.

Don't ask for my feedback on that change as I don't think it will be a good response :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    Hi Bluechris,

Start with reading https://www.untangle.com/solutions/untangle-at-home/
    They have added a tier to the Home License for some of the more "advanced" modules.
    So if you want WAN balancer and Failover you need Home Protect Plus.

Don't ask for my feedback on that change as I don't think it will be a good response :-)
    thx, as we say in Greece... "we took our hands and took out our eyes" with our moaning to get threat prevention in home?

I havent saw that list.. my mistake.. damn i need to be able to make his line to fallback in a 4G router if his primary vdsl fails..
    CMcNaughton likes this.

Time to upgrade your sub then, and always double check what you're buying before you buy it...

And of course, inserting the obligatory...

We all know what happens when we assume... We wind up looking like the first three letters.

I'm not thrilled about the changes either, but for very different reasons than most around here. But this isn't the place for that.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

We have the longest discussion / thread on this user forum regarding this change that Untangle went for recently. I don't like it personaly but they have their reasons. I just know the following. When they stop extending HomePro licence for $ 50 I'm not going to be their customer anymore.
    tangofan and oj88 like this.

Untangler

Whattt!? The free captive portal now requires Home Protect Plus...

No, free modules are free. You can install and use those without a subscription. If you can't install any of the free apps, that's a bug and needs reported so it can be fixed.
    CMcNaughton likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    No, free modules are free. You can install and use those without a subscription. If you can't install any of the free apps, that's a bug and needs reported so it can be fixed.
    Famous last words :-)
    After the latest pushes with the home licenses i bet they are working on limiting the Free modules as well.

Poking around in the git some times give you pointers.. Ops now that site will be under attack and a need of being taken down..

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    Famous last words :-)
    After the latest pushes with the home licenses i bet they are working on limiting the Free modules as well.

Poking around in the git some times give you pointers.. Ops now that site will be under attack and a need of being taken down..
    You know... there isn't a single person on these forums that's lost more money thanks to Untangle making stupid decisions than me, and even I'm not this much of a cynic...

BUT, there are very few of us left from the era when I joined, and I think that says more than anything else that's been done or not done. So I'll leave it at that.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangle Ninja

cynic and cynic..
    I read what commits is pushed and what staff is promoting or not promoting here on the forum.

1+1 and they are moving to expand the usage of paid modules. that means that it most hurt to use he free products.
    My self wold just try to make the paid work (still has a few IPsec modules that simply does not work).
    And have the free modules as a hook to get the masses to test Untangle.

But sadly statistics will be used and the amount of ppl moving to the paid versions or paying extra if cap limit is introduced will "great" or "good" and there four the change was a success so call me
    cynical but that is how I see this playing out..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast