Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16.3 eta?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Untangle does need to make use of their new minor release system and push a version of v16.2.2 that has some package updates.
    Untangle can push some packages as they have in the past without going to a full upgrade. Push them now or push them later. Same bandwidth. In fact maybe quicker upgrade times or cycles.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Yeah well it's not like you have support at all with OpenWRT or OpnSense.

And if you step into anything else that has actual support you're forced into their hardware ecosystem and all the baggage that entails. Untangle remains the most freely available routing and security platform on the shelf.

Even if the company behind it makes some really silly decisions sometimes.
    That's not strictly true though. Other vendors have made their platforms available on custom hardware too. Sophos and Checkpoint come to mind. And when major virtualization platforms are taken into account the choice is even wider as most security appliances can be run in VM's. I must say that Untangle is starting to loose it's edge especially when it comes to security features, threat intelligence, interface and user experience.
    mikeyscott likes this.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalThinker View Post
    That's not strictly true though. Other vendors have made their platforms available on custom hardware too. Sophos and Checkpoint come to mind. And when major virtualization platforms are taken into account the choice is even wider as most security appliances can be run in VM's. I must say that Untangle is starting to loose it's edge especially when it comes to security features, threat intelligence, interface and user experience.
    Yup I’m planning on not renewing the license and looking elsewhere.

Banned

Well I have seen many things go south over the years. They usually right themselves. They have gone too far for you. Good luck but check back once in a while. They may become acceptable I hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12