Untanglit

Default "No upgrades available" since version 15.1.0

As per the subject line, my licensed Untangle instance (NG Firewall HomePro valid thru Oct, 2022) has not had an upgrade offered (Config > Upgrade) for quite a while. I'm not having problems (other than this one) but I would like to keep it up to date. Is there a recommended course of action?

Thanks

So... there are a few things here. There was a bug in one of those releases that broke upgrades, but there was also the termination of support for the 32bit platform. So check your dashboard, in the information box look for Architecture, if it doesn't say AMD64 you're going to have to reinstall.

If you have AMD64 Support can fix the bug and get you upgrading again, if you don't want to wait the fix for both conditions is the same, nuke it, reinstall and restore.

Downloads are here: https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...wall_Downloads

Get Untangle v15.1.1, install that restore your backup and upgrade to current.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

It is, in fact, a 64-bit install (AMD64).

I'll try the support route first. I'm not in too much of a hurry. How does support go about fixing the bug?
    If there's a problem doing that, I'll image my current Untangle VM, fresh install V15.1.1 and then restore it from the backup V15.1.0 configuration.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Untanglit

***update***

Support was able to upgrade my installation to V15.1.2 and from there, I've upgrade to 16.0.1. Now I'm sniffing around a bit before I continue with subsequent upgrades.

To effect the V15.1.2 upgrade, Support needed my Untangle to be reachable through Command Center.
    I noticed that once I eventually got it connected to Command Center, the IP address of my Untangle device as reported in Command Center was that of the first WAN interface in my Config > Interfaces list.

I have 2 WAN adapters; one for DSL service, the other, fiber optic. I couldn't see a way to specify that Untangle connect to Command Center using the faster fiber connection. Seems like that should be an option. Maybe temporarily disabling the DSL adapter would have forced Untangle to choose the fiber connection, but I didn't want to bork my DSL Internet traffic. Anyway, it went smoothly near as I can tell.