Default Time-based tagging?

From all the documentation and discussion I've seen, I believe that the only place where users are able to configure anything in the Untangle product to behave differently based on time, is in the Rules section of Policy Manager. I do specifically know that individual app rules don't take time into account. But in case I've overlooked something (or haven't come across it yet), I wanted to ask if it's possible for tags to be applied/removed automatically based on time? I know tags can be automatically applied/removed based on Triggers/Events; is there some Event Class that is based on time, or has time controls similar to what Policy Manager has?

Yea this is what ive been trying to do as well, cannot find anything in Events (or the vast majority of the apps bar policy manager, which isnt applicable for what ime wanting) that does a time based tagging

Seems like something that should be quite fundamental (... to me anyway)

Def want this bumped to see if someone knows how to do this

Unfortunately there isn't a way to trigger a tag based on a time range. That behavior is exclusive to Policy Manager. Depending on your use case you should be able to configure traffic however you need with policy manager and specific apps.

https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-u...me-based-rules

I guess the better question is what exactly are you looking to do with time based tagged traffic? Might be easier to know what the end goal is for your traffic to determine a solution.

Basically nominate a 'peak' time
    I have a dual WAN system (satellite and mobile) and the mobile has no on or off peak but the sat has a very generous off peak. I have two VPN connections going down each WAN

During the off peak hours I would like to tag the clients with say 'off peak' tag between 1 am and 7 am which then in TunnelVPN any client tagged 'off peak' routes down the Sattellite VPN connection.

Basically nominate a 'peak' and 'off peak' times
    I have a dual WAN system (satellite and mobile) and the mobile has no on or off peak but the sat has a very generous off peak. I have two VPN connections going down each WAN

During the off peak hours I would like to tag the clients with say 'off peak' tag between 1 am and 7 am which then in TunnelVPN any client tagged 'off peak' routes down the Sattellite VPN connection.

Tags can be set to expire, but that's the only time-determined part of the feature.

Once upon a time you could also create time-dependent rules directly within Captive Portal, but that ability is now folded into Policy Manager as well.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty