Untanglit

Default IPSEC not reconnecting after internet drop.

Hi,

I have 2 offices connected through a ipsec vpn tunnel to share a database, been running great for 4+ years and several software and hardware updates. Since version 15 if the ISP internet connection drops for even a few min the tunnel breaks and will not re-establish unless the box is rebooted. Anyone else experiencing this issue and is there a work around?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinComputers View Post
    Hi,

I have 2 offices connected through a ipsec vpn tunnel to share a database, been running great for 4+ years and several software and hardware updates. Since version 15 if the ISP internet connection drops for even a few min the tunnel breaks and will not re-establish unless the box is rebooted. Anyone else experiencing this issue and is there a work around?

Thanks,
    You shouldn't need to reboot, you should be able to toggle IPsec on/off in the app itself and it should attempt to renegotiate. IPsec is a bit touchy when connections go down as the lifetime is still active for the tunnel and may not renegotiate immediately.

Untanglit

Yeah, I tried that first on both boxes but the tunnel doesn't activate unless untangle is rebooted. I even changed the hardware a few months back to no avail.