Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by manilx View Post
    You might be right there obviously. I also found it very strange and inexplicable!
    Whatever the cause I'm unable to fix it only workaround it. because my iphone lost 4% of its battery capacity the last couple of weeks because of this.
    Have to chime in what sky knight said. Big chance it's an ios update and nothing to do with untangle. Slightly relevant, have a macbook pro and it seems internet access is okay, but at the OS level, wifi card continually bounces on 2.4/5Ghz thus draining battery. Have to disable on my wifi AP the "fast roaming" feature. Android/PC devices are working fine.

Master Untangler

I have now installed a Unify network to test instead of using the devolo network or the Protecli internal wifi.

The same here: when I connect to Unify AP connected to internal LAN battery drains, connecting to this AP but the latter connected to a port bridged to WAN (ISP) battery stable.

So no matter the connection I use, internal LAN drains, bridged to WAN (or directly connected to ISP modem WLAN) doesn't.
    Last edited by manilx; 07-21-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by manilx View Post
    I have now installed a Unify network to test instead of using the devolo network or the Protecli internal wifi.

The same here: when I connect to Unify AP connected to internal LAN battery drains, connecting to this AP but the latter connected to a port bridged to WAN (ISP) battery stable.

So no matter the connection I use, internal LAN drains, bridged to WAN (or directly connected to ISP modem WLAN) doesn't.
    Alright, but not knowing your network, untangle could be "chatty" on your network connected device. You could check by either:
    * wireshark on iphone+mac
    * wireshark or tcpdump on untangle itself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12